`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about zip codes!

Questions about zip codes!
I'm from Canada, hence why I am asking for some help about zip codes.

As far as I knew zip codes have five numbers, but some things I have recently sold on eBay I realized some zip codes are longer than others. For example 12953-2009. I am guessing the 12953 is the zip code then the 2009 could be some indication where exactly the house is? I have been writing these on the packages, I am just making sure that it won't effect it being delivered.
I collect Allen & Ginter, Aroldis Chapman, Yoan Moncada, and Cuban Players!

RE: Questions about zip codes!
(11-22-2011, 09:23 PM)ThomasAA23 Wrote: I'm from Canada, hence why I am asking for some help about zip codes.

As far as I knew zip codes have five numbers, but some things I have recently sold on eBay I realized some zip codes are longer than others. For example 12953-2009. I am guessing the 12953 is the zip code then the 2009 could be some indication where exactly the house is? I have been writing these on the packages, I am just making sure that it won't effect it being delivered.
The last 4 numbers relate a certain area off the zip code usually a city block etc. It does help in the deilivery of the item because it can be pre sorted down to a given area within the zip code.

the 4 digits signifies a more accurate geographical location within the original zip code, makes sorting and delivery easier for post office
[Image: thCA4A41M6_zps6c3e4a45.jpg]

My last 4 digits are 1919, my next door neighbors last four are 1921

Thanks for the help! That's what I was thinking, but doesn't to find out for sure
I collect Allen & Ginter, Aroldis Chapman, Yoan Moncada, and Cuban Players!

yeah, it makes it easier on the post office to sort/deliver.....but if you just put the first 5 numbers it will still get to them without a delay or anything
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

Most people don't even realize their last 4 man. If it gives a last 4 then list it cause it does help the PO but its not necessary. Just the 5 digit zip is needed.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html