`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Delivery Confirmation Question

RE: OT: Delivery Confirmation Question
Thing with DC is most of the time it doesn't get updated as it's going through the postal system. It gets scanned at the drop off point but then rarely doesn't it get scanned at the different points in between. So say the package gets lost and you punch in the number to see where it is and it will only show that it was received at such and such location that you mailed it from. Which is fine and dandy but that doesn't help the buyer and they are still going to either want their card or a refund. Just saying well I mailed it and here is the DC # that says so isn't going to work. So that being said I rarely use DC and if I'm selling something on Ebay I specifically put that DC is $1 extra if they want it and 99% of the time they don't ask for it.

(11-22-2011, 11:29 AM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Thing with DC is most of the time it doesn't get updated as it's going through the postal system. It gets scanned at the drop off point but then rarely doesn't it get scanned at the different points in between. So say the package gets lost and you punch in the number to see where it is and it will only show that it was received at such and such location that you mailed it from. Which is fine and dandy but that doesn't help the buyer and they are still going to either want their card or a refund. Just saying well I mailed it and here is the DC # that says so isn't going to work. So that being said I rarely use DC and if I'm selling something on Ebay I specifically put that DC is $1 extra if they want it and 99% of the time they don't ask for it.
I may be wrong on this but even if they don't ask for DC on Ebay and they claim they didn't get the item you will still be held responsible if you don't have tracking

You still have the receipt from the Post Office showing you paid them just no confirmation that it ever was received. At that point IMO it's up to the buyer to decide if they want to file a insurance claim with the USPS. But yeah you'll likely still get negative feedback but at least you can defend your actions and let other people decide if you are trustworthy or not and if you have a track record that proves that then there shouldn't be any fall out.

(11-22-2011, 10:15 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: priority mail doesnt have tracking, only express
I ship using usps priority and always have a tracking number. tells me where the package is and when it arrived.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

I use it on occasion. If it's a bigger trade, I use insurance. Like it has been stated, DC only says the package has been delivered, not to whom it's been delivered. I do get a receipt every time that I could scan and send if needed. That's never happened before though.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

(11-22-2011, 11:47 AM)talkntribe Wrote: I ship using usps priority and always have a tracking number. tells me where the package is and when it arrived.
that isnt tracking, that is delivery confirmation. two different beasts, but i get what your saying

is it free at the post office now? i know it's free online

(11-22-2011, 01:47 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: is it free at the post office now? i know it's free online
No - in fact I think it's slated to go up to 95c at the counter in January when postage prices go up

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

Not to get off track here, but I have always wondered with Paypal shipping- don't you have to have a weight? Do you all have a postage scales? Or am I missing an easier way to do it without an exact weight?

I used to use it on every trade because i was printing my own postage. Since the printer died I only buy the DC for higher value trades, (which I don't have many). The DC has helped me track packages coming to me as they criss-cross the country in a random manner. Any way, new or high value trades are worth the $0.19.

yea, you have to have a scale. but paypal shipping is cheaper than shipping at the post office. for example, any package less than 3 oz is 1.71 at the post office. with paypal shipping, it is 1.75, but includes delivery confirmation

by the way, for those of you who accept paypal payments, especially through ebay: you must use DC by terms on their agreement