`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Dealer?

RE: Death Dealer?
(11-21-2011, 04:21 PM)poolesidesports Wrote: With Greg Halman's tragic murder on ESPN this morning I noticed more and more auctions with Halman's stuff on eBay -- Up to over 600+ right now, with the majority of them 1 day auctions. Just wondering what everyone's opinion on profiting from a players murder/death? No wrong answers, but for me it leaves a sour taste in my mouth..
I actually refuse to sell cards of young players who tragically died. Sean taylor,chris henry,luc bourdon...even though most of them fetched crazy money the day after...i just dont believe in it
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

I don't think there should be a complete ban on the sale of deceased players but I would be all for Ebay setting some type of grace period where say you aren't allowed to list any items of a person who has been deceased less than say 30 days or so. Let the hype die down and then let the market dictate the value without all the speculative aspects to it.

(11-22-2011, 12:57 AM)chevy man 22 Wrote: I don't think there should be a complete ban on the sale of deceased players but I would be all for Ebay setting some type of grace period where say you aren't allowed to list any items of a person who has been deceased less than say 30 days or so. Let the hype die down and then let the market dictate the value without all the speculative aspects to it.
People hear of it, they want to mark the occasion. They want to go buy it then, not wait a month. The cards carry on the memory of Greg Halman and money itself has pictures of dead people on it and everyone would like to collect a lot of that - I still see no problem with people listing his stuff on Ebay. I do think mentioning in the auction that he was murdered recently is kind of weird for a person to do though ha ha THAT has a bit of a trying to cash in on his death vibe.

I have a 2008 Bowman Chrome Refractor and a 2011 Bowman Chrome Refractor auto of Halman's that I'm keen to trade. Not because I think I can profit by getting rid of them, but because I have no interest in hanging on to the cards anymore. Pretty sad to see someone go so young, especially if the speculation of his brother being involved are true.

And while I wouldn't be selling stuff of his, I can't really get down on folks too much for doing it, especially if they were stocking up on him and now suddenly find themselves with a bunch of stuff of a deceased player.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

that's always been the case, most of the time it's guys buying it that think that they'll make a quick buck on it. unfortunately, it never pans out. by the time the buyer gets the card, the value has dropped back down. and they'll probably never do it again.

personally, i wouldn't want to capitalize on it, but i wouldn't blame the sellers, just the buyers who think they'll make more money on it.

People will do anything to make a profit. Hate to say it but some people are worth more dead then they are alive. Sad isn't it.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.