`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping/packing mini's cards...advice...

Shipping/packing mini's cards...advice...
I thought I had one of these topics posted earlier but couldn't find it in my thread history so I guess I'll do it again.....
When shipping mini's for the love of Topps, DO NOT put 2 mini's side by side in a standard toploader! They are damn near impossible to remove without destroying corners (not to mention the top-loader, fingers, cuticles and sanity!)
I just got another one in the mail today, 15 minutes and I have 5 cards (out 40ish) extracted.

Best advice...after packing cards, try to remove them....if it's tough, try again

[Image: Scan2286.jpg]
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

RE: Shipping/packing mini's cards...advice...
If the loaders are no big deal use a razor to cut down the side and open them up. I also hate when people shove a bunch of singles into a GU holder. PITA to get them out also.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Been there before pain in the rear end to get them out of the top loader.

Detroit Tigers Set Collector
Justin Verlander Miguel Cabrera Al Kaline Ty Cobb

the best way (at least when shipping a lot together) is to stack them up straight and put them in a team bag sideways and wrap the team bag up around them, and then sandwich the stack between cardboard.....not hard to unpack and still keeps the cards safe in the mail
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

(11-21-2011, 05:11 PM)krykslr Wrote: the best way (at least when shipping a lot together) is to stack them up straight and put them in a team bag sideways and wrap the team bag up around them, and then sandwich the stack between cardboard.....not hard to unpack and still keeps the cards safe in the mail
+1, works great when dealing with a good quantity
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

I use the same concept as above with a lot of cards. Put them in penny sleeves, then team bag, add 2 decoys to team bag, 1 front of cards,1 to the back of them, wrap team bag in cardboard, throw them in bubble mailer !! or you can buy a little platic case at you LCS for around $2 that holds like 30 cards.

I like to use a 35 ct. hinged box.It's nice when it get's shipped back to you the same way.Plus reuse the same box.It's kinda like recycling lol
[Image: 4493bcb91_zpsb323e81b.jpg]

Looking for 2012 & 2013 Topps inserts and sp's

My bucket

Never had my minis shipped like that. What a hassle though, and what a cheap SOB to package them like that.

I either use the following methods
1) use the mini top loaders, not very expensive and works well
2) use a penny sleeve and then into a normal top loader
3) use one of the plastic hinged boxes with both top and bottom protection (cards or card blanks) and pack with peanuts so no shifting.
4) whenever using tape to close things up with I also fold over a tag for easy removal of tape.
ALWAYS ship in a bubble package, have nearly 400 trades and have had no problems with shipment of cards.
Looking for all parallel sets from the 2007 Topps Co Signers sets

(11-21-2011, 10:36 PM)griffindurlin Wrote: I either use the following methods
1) use the mini top loaders, not very expensive and works well
2) use a penny sleeve and then into a normal top loader
3) use one of the plastic hinged boxes with both top and bottom protection (cards or card blanks) and pack with peanuts so no shifting.
4) whenever using tape to close things up with I also fold over a tag for easy removal of tape.
ALWAYS ship in a bubble package, have nearly 400 trades and have had no problems with shipment of cards.
4) Some trader said to use painter's tape which does work well

And good idea to fold over a tag for easy tape removal

+1
[Image: 4493bcb91_zpsb323e81b.jpg]

Looking for 2012 & 2013 Topps inserts and sp's

My bucket