`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RIP Greg Halman

RIP Greg Halman
Never post on the baseball boards, but just read in the Dutch newspapers that Greg Halman of the Mariners was murdered last night. Apart from mentioning a stabbing incident no details have been revealed yet, but his younger brother was taken to the police station for questioning.

RE: RIP Greg Halman
Very sad news.
[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]

What is worng with the world?.....Geez.
[Image: banner.png]

*Mattingly PC Featured in BSCM Dec. 2011

Split Household

Yankees-Mattingly
NY Giants- Manning, Beckham, Cruz, Pierre-Paul

Rays- Kiermaier, Longoria, Souza
Cowboys - Aikman

Thats crazy, a good young talent..cant believe his brother did it....how awful.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

Wow. Thoughts go out to his family and friends.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

A great young talent that was right in line to grow with The M's promising future..he will be missed
[Image: olympiastevebannercopy.jpg]
Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr., Ichiro, Felix, Randy Johnson, Nolan Ryan, Dustin Ackley
My bucket
http://s1005.photobucket.com/albums/af174/OlympiaSteve/

That is so sad. I have his 2009 Bowman Chrome Prospects #113A autograph, and now will hold on to it. I'm pretty sure that (aside from Nick Adenhart) Dernell Stenson was the last outfielder to be killed in cold blood.

RIP Greg Halman...
[Image: rattboycopy.jpg]

I NEVER trade Bowman Chrome cards, just so you know Big Grin

No doubt a huge loss to the Mariners organization and MLB. He was expected to fight for the full time LF job next season and at the very worst be the backup to Gutierrez in CF. He didn't have stunning numbers on the big league level but he was a monster in the minors and it was just a matter of getting more playing time before that translated to the big league level.

I had the pleasure to talk with Greg on several occasions when he was with the West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx (now the Jackson Generals) a AA affiliate of the Mariners. He was always very polite and fan friendly. He would sign autographs well after everyone else had quit. He became a household name for my kids who loved to see him at the ballpark. He will truly be missed by many. Thanks for the hospitality you displayed while in West Tennessee. R.I.P.

Always looking for Atlanta Braves, Tennessee Titans, and Memphis Grizzlies autographs and memorabilia. Also, autographs of Tennessee Volunteers players.

RIP young man. Taken far too soon. Thoughts and prayers to the Halman family.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.