`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 chrome blasters and will NEVER do it again!

RE: 2 chrome blasters and will NEVER do it again!
(11-21-2011, 04:18 AM)Marinoisking Wrote: ouch man....sorry for the bad news.
I have almost gave up buying wax all together bc of my bad luck with it haha.
My dad ran down to the LCS to get a couple of the Becketts and grabbed me 2 packs of chrome
Got a Cam base in the first pack and some random Eagles rookie Colored refractor out of the 2nd pack....cant remember what color...but its the ones /199
Did you get any of the numbered ones?
or any Peytons at all?
I got 2 black ref and a purple LT and no Mannings at all.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

I've been waiting on these thread subjects to start.

It seems like with Base Topps,Platinum,& Chrome the first blasters to hit the market are absolutely LOADED.I know that when the 09 & 2010 Platinum blasters came out i was averaging 2 autos per 3 blasters,next shipments wouldn't have any autos even if i got 5 or 6 blasters.Also had decent luck last year with Chrome in the first few weeks,2 autos out of 4 blasters.After those dried up nothing out of the others i got and that was out of 7-8 blasters.

This year i have noticed this with most of the Topps blasters/racks.First month there are 5-10 threads a day on various sites about great stuff coming out of blasters/racks,soon its only 1-2 threads a week about good pulls.But by then everybody is going blaster crazy and not hitting crap.Seems like good marketing on Topps' part.There was no way they could keep up those odds in blasters/racks with Chrome only being a 1 auto per hobby box.

I know that my Wal-Mart didn't get 11' Platinum to a month after i started seeing good breaks on here.When it came in i tried several boxes and a buddy got the others and not a single auto.We haven't got Chrome here yet but i doubt if i even try a box by the time we do get some in.

Just my $.02

Hate to see the bad luck bud but trust me your not the only one.The only time i ever hit anything good in a blaster lately is when my wife picks it out and surprises me with it.If i actually want a blaster its never any good,when she surprises me somehow she has luck.
Thanks Ironman71635
[Image: hillis.jpg]
I collect Felix Jones,Darren Mcfadden,D.J. Williams (Arkansas TE),Ryan Mallett,and Mike Alstott. Peyton Hillis Super-collector 273/375 73% complete and looking for more.

(11-21-2011, 05:42 PM)budmademewizer Wrote: Hate to see the bad luck bud but trust me your not the only one.The only time i ever hit anything good in a blaster lately is when my wife picks it out and surprises me with it.If i actually want a blaster its never any good,when she surprises me somehow she has luck.
That's because women know what they're doing when it comes to cards.

(will she start picking my boxes?????!!!!) LOL
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

i open 5 blaster of chrome and about 6 racks packs and gotten nothing good no cam no locker nothing good at all. I see all these story of how these guys pulled mojo from blaster and racks but yet most of the guys in my area have gotten nothing. i look at youtube video and the few blaster i have seen nothing. Im not saying guys are not being truthful about there pulls all im saying is i havent seen nothing good in person myself.

(11-21-2011, 05:42 PM)budmademewizer Wrote: I've been waiting on these thread subjects to start.

It seems like with Base Topps,Platinum,& Chrome the first blasters to hit the market are absolutely LOADED.I know that when the 09 & 2010 Platinum blasters came out i was averaging 2 autos per 3 blasters,next shipments wouldn't have any autos even if i got 5 or 6 blasters.Also had decent luck last year with Chrome in the first few weeks,2 autos out of 4 blasters.After those dried up nothing out of the others i got and that was out of 7-8 blasters.

This year i have noticed this with most of the Topps blasters/racks.First month there are 5-10 threads a day on various sites about great stuff coming out of blasters/racks,soon its only 1-2 threads a week about good pulls.But by then everybody is going blaster crazy and not hitting crap.Seems like good marketing on Topps' part.There was no way they could keep up those odds in blasters/racks with Chrome only being a 1 auto per hobby box.

I know that my Wal-Mart didn't get 11' Platinum to a month after i started seeing good breaks on here.When it came in i tried several boxes and a buddy got the others and not a single auto.We haven't got Chrome here yet but i doubt if i even try a box by the time we do get some in.

Just my $.02

Hate to see the bad luck bud but trust me your not the only one.The only time i ever hit anything good in a blaster lately is when my wife picks it out and surprises me with it.If i actually want a blaster its never any good,when she surprises me somehow she has luck.
+1

I think you may be on to something with this JMO

Maybe it shows how unlucky I am with boxes, but 33% cash to BV sounds pretty darn good to me?!?!

(11-21-2011, 05:42 PM)budmademewizer Wrote: I've been waiting on these thread subjects to start.

Just my $.02

Well, your theory explains my luck...2 blasters of platinum and not even a #ed card in either of them. It happens every year and every year I buy more. lol I live in a small town that is lucky to get any blasters and can't help myself.
Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.

(11-21-2011, 07:11 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Maybe it shows how unlucky I am with boxes, but 33% cash to BV sounds pretty darn good to me?!?!
Maybe for a nice auto but not a bunch of base cards and mid scale rookies. Just my opinion.

Just my $.02

Makes alot of sense, i have looked at several Walmarts and only one has has the Chrome so far, I may have been the first to get some, there were 3 boxes left and some rack packs. I just have terrible luck on breaks, always have. Oh well.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

Yeah I had a feeling that the second wave of blasters were going to be less than spectacular. I mean common sense tells you that it wasn't going to keep up forever.

Seems like Topps loads the first wave up with all the hot autos etc... knowing that people are going to be so amped up that they are going to keep buying more hoping to continue the streak. I remember when the Diamond Giveaway went live it seemed like there were a dozen or more diamond embedded cards pulled within the first couple of days and then you didn't really hear anymore about it except the random post here and there but that first 48 hr. it seemed like post after post of people getting them.

Damn sorry bro, can't say I've done any better though I've busted three and got a few purples 2 or 3 blacks and a couple cams but that's it. Mini me busted 1 for his bday and got a Vincent brown auto lucky little sucker.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641