`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Grading Companies
11-20-2011, 07:18 PM
RE: Grading Companies
(11-20-2011 11:30 AM)Packerfavrefan Wrote:  The card I'm thinking on is a Hank Aaron 1954 Topps RC GAI 7.5. It looks really nice and should crossover and still get a good grade. But if it dropped to a PSA 6 I would lose $300+. If it would get a 7 then I'd be ok. It's a risk with an opening bid of $1400. Too much?

Yes, I think that $1400 is too much to risk it.

[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Not sure why my last post was deleted, but I said psa 1, sgc 2, and bgs/bvg/bccg or whatever they call themselves as 3rd

Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]
11-20-2011, 10:02 PM
(11-20-2011 09:00 PM)sonnyday Wrote:  Not sure why my last post was deleted, but I said psa 1, sgc 2, and bgs/bvg/bccg or whatever they call themselves as 3rd

I noticed that too. Pretty weak IMO. Probably because you didn't put BGS at #1. Only thing that COULD have caused it to be erased.
11-21-2011, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2011 08:34 AM by ceocards.)
(11-20-2011 09:00 PM)sonnyday Wrote:  Not sure why my last post was deleted, but I said psa 1, sgc 2, and bgs/bvg/bccg or whatever they call themselves as 3rd

No...it was due to the unnecessary editorial comments at the end of your last post.
(11-20-2011 10:02 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote:  Only thing that COULD have caused it to be erased.

No...I don't care where Beckett grading ranks personally. However, the comments about the company as a whole were unnecessary and have never been allowed on this board.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.
11-21-2011, 09:36 AM
I just made a trade (on its way) for a grade 10 Ken Griffey jr Rookie that was graded by a company called 'Mint' (at an agreed discount rate with both of us knowing the card co isnt 1 of the big 3). Seemed every card I saw on feebay from this co was a grade 10.I think Im gonna send it into bgs and have it regraded-1 for curiosity, 2 for credibility..Anyone else have any 'Mint' co graded cards? Website was pretty cheesey..

[Image: olympiastevebannercopy.jpg]
Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr., Ichiro, Felix, Randy Johnson, Nolan Ryan, Dustin Ackley
My bucket
http://s1005.photobucket.com/albums/af174/OlympiaSteve/
11-21-2011, 09:49 AM
(11-21-2011 09:36 AM)olympiasteve Wrote:  I just made a trade (on its way) for a grade 10 Ken Griffey jr Rookie that was graded by a company called 'Mint' (at an agreed discount rate with both of us knowing the card co isnt 1 of the big 3). Seemed every card I saw on feebay from this co was a grade 10.I think Im gonna send it into bgs and have it regraded-1 for curiosity, 2 for credibility..Anyone else have any 'Mint' co graded cards? Website was pretty cheesey..

Mint is a "pay for the grade" company. completely not legit. the cards could be anything from a BGS 6 to a BGS 8 (i mean, maybe a 9, but probably not)

dance like no one is looking, but also, dance like everyone should be looking at you.
truthfully, one leads to the other
11-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Is there a good way to compare grades? For example, is a PSA 6 is 5.5 in BGS? I thought I saw a chart somewhere once, but I cannot remember where.

JonathanI

I look for career Chicago Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, Fire, Red Stars, and Sky players in their respective Halls of Fame. Add to that list some personal favorite lifers from past and present rosters, and everything else in my collection is up for trade.
11-21-2011, 12:19 PM
(11-21-2011 12:08 PM)jonathani Wrote:  Is there a good way to compare grades? For example, is a PSA 6 is 5.5 in BGS? I thought I saw a chart somewhere once, but I cannot remember where.

JonathanI

Your example is where it gets fuzzy. For the most part PSA 10 = BGS 9.5. However, as I stated earlier, I have gotten BGS 9's from PSA 10's. I know someone that has subbed PSA 9's and got BGS 8.5's & 8's.

My advice: If you buy on eBay (that's the only way that I can buy), just check the Centering.

[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!
04-01-2012, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2012 04:17 PM by pawpawdiv9.)
i bought a GEM mint 10 ....1981 Joe Montana Score Rookie Card #216.....
Should i get it crossovered here at Becket or SGC......last i heard PSA required a annual subscription fee..is that correct?)
I have used Beckect a few times and currently have some being processed...Even the JSA autographs are good.

Which company would i have a higher grade at? in hopes of maintaining a 10.
Plus. I have a 1947-66 Exhibits Mickey Mantle card (with blank back and name outlined in white)
Notice its a larger size card..Where would i send it off to?

At last...on vintage cards...that are in very poor shape....How should they be sent? Right now it is in a screw down holder. Being careful..what should i do to send it? It is a 33 Goudey Babe Ruth.

Different subject....Nascar racing programs....with tons (over 50) autographs....Does Beckett even do such a thing? Or just sending it to JSA for a certificate of autograpghs?
04-01-2012, 04:57 PM
PSA only requires an annual subscription if you want to take advantage of their specials and bulk submission deals.

Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]