`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for my fellow collectors...should I be upset with Panini?

RE: Question for my fellow collectors...should I be upset with Panini?
(11-16-2011, 08:11 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: Greetings! Figured it was time to share my hellish dealing with Panini. On March 10,2011, I submitted 3 redemptions to panini:
10-11 Timeless Treasures Lance Stephenson auto
10-11 Contenders patches Devin Ebanks auto
10-11 Contenders patches Tiago Splitter auto (you can tell I had a crappy box Tongue lol)

I selected the 4 month replacement, since I really don't care about any of these people, I just want cards lol....I've submitted several followups...and to this day they've done NOTHING!

Am I doing something wrong? Surely these aren't guys that are THAT difficult to get autographs from?

Any suggestions on how to get what's mine? This is why I haven't bought a Panini product since then (until today, and guess what...I PULLED A REDEMPTION lol).

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks guys!
Here is what the problem might be. B/c off the lockout Panini can not produce cards of players now-- no one can produce anything with an NBA player on it in his NBA Uni. So if they did not have the cards already made up waiting to be signed then they may not be able to make them now. They may also have a very limited supply of replacements. I would call them and see what is up.

Tiago Splitter has signed stickers for Panini, just not for Contenders. The only cards that have Splitter Auto (Live not Redemptions) is 10-11 Absolute. Tiago is one of the better recent pickups for the Spurs. He won the 2010 Spanish League MVP.
[Image: Banner_zpsdfc1db81.jpg]
PC Team: San Antonio Spurs
PC Players: David Robinson & Tim Duncan

(11-18-2011, 04:32 PM)dodgytrousers Wrote: But you seem to think that they have the autos sitting there at Panini HQ but just can't be bothered to send them to you.

Should they stop their business completely and wait until Splitter signs his cards before they make any more products, just so you don't get annoyed.

If the athlete refuses to sign the stickers, won't return the cards or won't make time for a signing session what is Panini supposed to do?

The card companies get just as frustrated as you do but if they pressure the highly paid, highly strung athletes too much then those athletes will decide not to sign for that company at all which will make matters even worse. Then people will start complaining that a certain athlete never signs anymore.
I don't need them to stop business...just have decent CS and follow through on replacements... they can use their new product if they want..just want something for my money..
[Image: arod.gif]

(11-21-2011, 05:07 PM)arod1973 Wrote: I don't need them to stop business...just have decent CS and follow through on replacements... they can use their new product if they want..just want something for my money..
+1, I'm not upset that they haven't signed yet, but when you offer me an option to get replacements at either 4 or 8 month intervals...then make it impossible for me to get them (I picked 4, and its been over 8), then I blame you as a company for crappy CS.
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

WOW...you know, I have also been waiting for the Stephenson and Ebanks since March...maybe they really have not signed...what a coincidence.

I had two, 1yr and the other 8mos, I had to call and get them to ship replacements. Told them I was very upset with their handling of redemptions. Got an Evan Turner auto and another player that I traded off.

(11-25-2011, 04:12 AM)dennisdrcards Wrote: I had two, 1yr and the other 8mos, I had to call and get them to ship replacements. Told them I was very upset with their handling of redemptions. Got an Evan Turner auto and another player that I traded off.
Yup, as previously stated calling them on the phone works much better. It basically bumps you to the front of the line. Plus it gives you the opportunity to tell the CS agent what a good, loyal customer you are, as well as the opportunity to state which players you would prefer as a replacement.

Just because you call, doesn't mean you will get a replacement 2 days later. It could still take a few weeks or more but it speeds up the process.