`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 topps question. can someone answer

2011 topps question. can someone answer
So I pulled a mickey mantle #450 SP Diamond Aniversary card. I use the newsstand beckett for pricing not the online. The bv for the card is Xdollars but the Diamond aniversary pricing is as follows Vet is 2x-5x/ RC IS 1.2-3x/ and diamond aniversay SP is only .3-.8x basic pricing. I would think the SP would be multiplied more than that. Am I wrong for thinking that?
here is the card in question
[Image: 003-2.jpg]

[Image: w0C2GAE_zpsd1157c4a.png]

RE: 2011 topps question. can someone answer
I don't think the diamond anniversary parallels are SP'd to the same degree as the base which is probably why they are .3-.8 the base

Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

These are correct pricing guidlines. They are not super short printed like the base vet variations.

But being the base vet variations are SSP shouldn't that mean even less Diamond Anniversary versions are out there or do they not do it by percentage of the total print run ? For instance say 10% of the total print run of a base card will be diamond anniversary or what not.

(11-16-2011, 12:26 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: But being the base vet variations are SSP shouldn't that mean even less Diamond Anniversary versions are out there or do they not do it by percentage of the total print run ? For instance say 10% of the total print run of a base card will be diamond anniversary or what not.
Doubt it. I would say the others in this thread are about right on.

I've opened enough packs of 2011 Topps to account for ~2000 cards (including base/inserts/etc)...

I've pulled 1 Base SP card.
I've pulled 2 Cognac SP Cards.
I've pulled 1 Diamond SP Card.

3:1 insert:base ratio on the SP for me.

Of course 2000 cards is a VERY small sample size considering the universe of all 2011 topps cards...