`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why do people...

Why do people...
Like In the Game Ult cards so much? theyve got to be some of the ugliest cards Ive ever seen...Floating heads, tiny patches smaller than my pinky nail, most all of which are monochrome.

I just dont get it, am I missing something?

edit: sorry I posted this in Box Breaks, was half asleep, feel free to move it.

RE: Why do people...
I like some of their cards, but I've honestly never purchased any packs/boxes of anything ITG. I really dislike the cards that are say quad swatch cards and only like the players' name. I like cards better that also have an action photo of the player. I think one reason why they only put heads though is because they don't have a NHL license. Putting full body shots would mean ugly photoshopping of their uniform to remove the team logos.

it is either love or hate for ITG

some folks love them and others dislike them...

i personal enjoy some cards, as they produced a lot of Whaler cards when I wasn't collecting, which I am catching up on.
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

I tend to agree with you, the concepts are nice but the pictures and smaller patches seem to detract from the appeal for me. Most are fugly especially the base cards IMO.

I like them as much as anything else for my player collections but there's no way I would try to put a set of anything together. It's not that ITG is so much "ugly" as it's always the exact same design. They haven't come out with anything really different since...well, I'm not even sure.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

I do not know what product you are looking at but the swatches are usually larger than UD. The reason I dislike UD is they will use a Blues Jersey on a Cujo Maple Leaf card. UD uses alot of event used jersey and so on. At least with ITG you get players who made an impact with thier team or fan base. Not UD they will put a 3rd line player that will never get another jersey card. I agree the format is not great with ITG but they do the best w/o a NHL license.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

They made the ugliest base cards in the history of sportscards in this year's Ultimate.

also you know the jerseys are game WORN not event issue jerseys

(11-15-2011, 05:08 PM)mq13 Wrote: I do not know what product you are looking at but the swatches are usually larger than UD. The reason I dislike UD is they will use a Blues Jersey on a Cujo Maple Leaf card. UD uses alot of event used jersey and so on. At least with ITG you get players who made an impact with thier team or fan base. Not UD they will put a 3rd line player that will never get another jersey card. I agree the format is not great with ITG but they do the best w/o a NHL license.
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

I would buy ITG products over UD or Panini ANY day.... I believe and trust in them a thousand times over compared to the other guys...

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

If ITG still had a license their product would blow UD and Panini out of the water.
Reasons why:
1. Game Used Memorabilia, not event worn
2. They ask collectors what/who WE want to see in their products
3. Customer service is the best in the business