`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFC Live on Fox - Flop

UFC Live on Fox - Flop
With the UFC contract with Fox, they needed to have a big hit on their live debut. A fight that lasted just over a minute and with that being the only fight broadcasted, I think the debut was a huge flop. Pushing UFC to Fox was a move to bring more fans to the sport and to bring more publicity......but with a very uneventful fight, I think it is going to sway a lot of people who were on the fence away. Anyone else have any thoughts?

RE: UFC Live on Fox - Flop
It was great if u loved seeing Cain get beat down! I really enjoyed not paying for once! haha And I am glad for my 2 JDS AUTOS!!
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

i wouldnt say it was a flop, i dont think one fight was the best decision though. especially with the SICK guida- bendo fight
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

I am a very casual fan. I typically only watch when Brock Lesnar fights or when my brother is watching I may watch a couple of minutes. It really didn't matter to me how good the fight was because I will never pay to watch MMA. That being said, I invested my time to watch last night and watched a 30 minute buildup to see a 1 minute fight. It probably turned alot of people off. They really should have had another fight or 2 on the show.

They definitely should have had more than 1 fight. I was expecting to see at least a 2 hour show. They should have been prepared for a quick fight, it's not like there has never been a 1st round ko before, especially heavyweights. I think a better debut on FOX would have been a GSP fight (I know he's injured) or an Anderson Silva - Chael Sonnen rematch. Or how about GSP vs Silva???
[Image: Boston.jpg]

The only thing that bothered me was the fact there was only 1 fight. But the thing we have to remember is that we were not the intended viewers. Those of us who are already hooked on MMA, we weren't the target audience. They were shooting for those people who have never seen MMA or dont usually watch. The thought was that they couldn't handle more than one fight. This decision was solely FOX's. While I dont agree with it, I do understand it for what they were trying to do. And as for the fight, we all know that anything can happen in this sport, and talent wise, this was probably the best heavyweight matchup of all time. Unfortunately Cain got clipped early and it turned into a short night
Always Lookin for Cubs, Bears, Bulls and MMA.

Who's idea was it to have only the HW championship live? Anyone who saw that fight card new the most exciting fight would have been Guida-Bendo. That would have been a great two fight broadcast..there just needed to be something to lead up to the main event except Dana and Brock talking to each other for 25 minutes then 1 minute of fighting and another 20 minutes of commentators talking.

Has anyone seen the ratings posted yet?

(11-13-2011, 12:54 PM)syaney Wrote: Who's idea was it to have only the HW championship live? Anyone who saw that fight card new the most exciting fight would have been Guida-Bendo. That would have been a great two fight broadcast..there just needed to be something to lead up to the main event except Dana and Brock talking to each other for 25 minutes then 1 minute of fighting and another 20 minutes of commentators talking.

Has anyone seen the ratings posted yet?
everyone from the ufc(joe silva/ dana/ lorenzo) all said it was fox's decision. the early estimates look like 4.64 million viewers.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

I agree totally with Dan who is a real hardcore fan. I think the rest of you just dont quite get it as casual fans. Dont take this as an insult but its like me and hockey haha!
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

This was absolutely not a flop, especially in Canada where we were treated to an UNBELIEVABLE MMA exhibition in Guida/Henderson. Henderson's legs are the scariest thing on earth. Who can stop this genetic freak?

Meanwhile, JDS take over the HW throne with a huge knockout effort, all with a major knee injury too! Heart, determination, skill. I think they hit it outta the park. Way to show up flabby and uninspired, Cain.

Now, bring on Brock/Overeem. Both of those guys are hugely marketable, and you know that when the winner faces JDS, they've gone even more money on their hands.