IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crapelbon signs with the Phillies

Crapelbon signs with the Phillies
4 yr. @ $50 mil. lol

RE: Crapelbon signs with the Phillies
And Robert Andino goes to the Nationals...nah just kidding, but seriously I bet Papelbon hates that guy
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

See that sucks for me because even as a Yankee fan Papelbon was my favorite pitcher. Now i gotta buy a stinking phillies jersey..oh well you cant win them all
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

Make this clear: losing papelbon might hurt the sox short term, no doubt. however, this is akin to the Pats losing Vinateri. yes, vinateri was good for a couple more years, but then his career went downhill fast

closers are a temporary thing. there are very few closers that are great for more than 6 years. there are very few mariano's and hoffman's out there.

so yea, this will suck next year. and someone is gonna have to be our gostkowski now. maybe it's bard. maybe not

as a sidenote: my vote for Bard's Nickname? A Mid-Summer's Night Closer

(11-11-2011, 03:58 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: Make this clear: losing papelbon might hurt the sox short term, no doubt. however, this is akin to the Pats losing Vinateri. yes, vinateri was good for a couple more years, but then his career went downhill fast

closers are a temporary thing. there are very few closers that are great for more than 6 years. there are very few mariano's and hoffman's out there.

so yea, this will suck next year. and someone is gonna have to be our gostkowski now. maybe it's bard. maybe not

I agree. But this actually works in my favor. I live 15 minutes away from Citizens Bank Park and so the area i'm in is Phillies country so with all my Papelbon autos and cards i could trade will be a gold mine lol. The downside is he went to another team that is not one i really like so yea i guess i can't have my cake and eat it too but i will still support Papelbon no matter where he goes.
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

As a Red Sox fan, I'm kinda glad to see him go. He comes across as sort of a head case and he scares me when he takes the mound. He can take his wild eyes, his crazy dance and the Dropkick Murphys with him. Bard will probably work. If not maybe they can throw Lackey out there. He's gotta be good for something.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

hummm me likes this signing lol .... I dont care if they overpaid its not my money lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(11-11-2011, 04:22 PM)zeprock Wrote: As a Red Sox fan, I'm kinda glad to see him go. He comes across as sort of a head case and he scares me when he takes the mound. He can take his wild eyes, his crazy dance and the Dropkick Murphys with him. Bard will probably work. If not maybe they can throw Lackey out there. He's gotta be good for something.
considering lackey aint coming back until 2013...probably wont work
(11-11-2011, 04:22 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: hummm me likes this signing lol .... I dont care if they overpaid its not my money lol
if youre buying tickets or merchandise - it is absolutely your money

(11-11-2011, 04:28 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: if youre buying tickets or merchandise - it is absolutely your money
Nah probably not, I live to far away from any stadium
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(11-11-2011, 03:58 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: Make this clear: losing papelbon might hurt the sox short term, no doubt. however, this is akin to the Pats losing Vinateri. yes, vinateri was good for a couple more years, but then his career went downhill fast

I disagree. A good closer is far more important than a good kicker
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)