`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crapelbon signs with the Phillies

RE: Crapelbon signs with the Phillies
(11-12-2011, 04:15 AM)PadresFan86 Wrote: I might be biased but I still think Hoffman was better than Rivera. Look at the teams Rivera played for!

I guess this means Heath Bell goes to the Red Sox now Sad We never keep our good players
i dont there is a big chance that heat bell goes to the red sox

1. why let paps go at 4/50 million when heath bell will want 4/40?
2. 10 million is a lot, though only 2.5 million a year. you stick with what you know
3. heath bell plays in the pitcher-friendliest division in baseball, with cavernous ballparks. if he sigend with the sox, that would mean going to the most pitcher-UNfriendliest division in baseball

i think the sox target nathan to a 1 year deal, gives Bard a year to see if he develops into a closer

and there isnt a chance in hell hoffman was better than rivera. it has nothing to do with the team they are on. closers rely less on teammate performance than any other position in baseball. plus, mariano pitched in very friendly yankee stadium, in the al east, whereas hoffman pitched in san diego

E.R.A. Thats the stat that matters for a closer. And Rivera at 1.?? for years=ELITE.

(11-11-2011, 10:59 PM)sesfan01 Wrote: I guess the Phillies are trying to be the Yankees of the NL (they're going to buy their championship).
How did that work out for them this year?
(11-12-2011, 10:36 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i dont there is a big chance that heat bell goes to the red sox

1. why let paps go at 4/50 million when heath bell will want 4/40?
2. 10 million is a lot, though only 2.5 million a year. you stick with what you know
3. heath bell plays in the pitcher-friendliest division in baseball, with cavernous ballparks. if he sigend with the sox, that would mean going to the most pitcher-UNfriendliest division in baseball

i think the sox target nathan to a 1 year deal, gives Bard a year to see if he develops into a closer

and there isnt a chance in hell hoffman was better than rivera. it has nothing to do with the team they are on. closers rely less on teammate performance than any other position in baseball. plus, mariano pitched in very friendly yankee stadium, in the al east, whereas hoffman pitched in san diego
I think Bell won't require a 4 year deal and will make less than 10 mil a year.

Bell has said he is interested in playing for the Red Sox.

Better teams = more wins = more save opportunities.

(11-12-2011, 03:01 PM)PadresFan86 Wrote: How did that work out for them this year?

I think Bell won't require a 4 year deal and will make less than 10 mil a year.

Bell has said he is interested in playing for the Red Sox.

Better teams = more wins = more save opportunities.
bell made 7.5 this year. no reason he wouldnt want a multi-year deal at more a year

i dont judge mariano's dominance by save numbers.

(11-11-2011, 10:59 PM)sesfan01 Wrote: I guess the Phillies are trying to be the Yankees of the NL (they're going to buy their championship).
Sour grapes??? Didn't the Braves have one of the highest payrolls in baseball during the 90's? How quickly some people forget.

I'm just waiting for this four horsemen stuff the phillies used last year...look how well that worked out lol. If philly fans are smart they won't count their chickens before they hatch.
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

(11-12-2011, 07:07 PM)yankeeempire Wrote: I'm just waiting for this four horsemen stuff the phillies used last year...look how well that worked out lol. If philly fans are smart they won't count their chickens before they hatch.
Only an idiot would assume that getting any player would mean a definite Championship.