`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why doesn't Topps do this anymore?

RE: Why doesn't Topps do this anymore?
The protective foil would eventually start to peel off. I remember people back in htose days if they should keep it with the protective film or if they should peel it off, and if it lost value that way etc etc.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Why should Topps do anything? Who's their competition for our business?

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(11-09-2011, 04:38 PM)jonathani Wrote: Why should Topps do anything? Who's their competition for our business?

JonathanI
Exactly, No competition = no problems exist..what scratches??

I was thinking of bidding on that card! If it went for a little less I would have bought it for sure. Are the scratches really that bad?
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

(11-09-2011, 03:35 PM)iujapander Wrote: 2. Why no print runs on A&G autos and relics. They know how many they made, let us know!
It's not just A&G, and for the relics it would look kinda stupid to have 18342583/2348439237 on it
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(11-09-2011, 05:26 PM)ja1091 Wrote: I was thinking of bidding on that card! If it went for a little less I would have bought it for sure. Are the scratches really that bad?

Yeah, they are all over the card. The guy also put it into a magnetic case to small for it. The edges of the card are bigger than the recessed area in the case. There was a bunch of scuff marks and other marks that got imprinted into the card. You can see where on the magnetic case and the card, they match up perfectly. I sent it back to him today. He did offer to send me half the money back for it,but the surface was in terrible shape.

(11-09-2011, 09:44 PM)murrylove Wrote: Yeah, they are all over the card. The guy also put it into a magnetic case to small for it. The edges of the card are bigger than the recessed area in the case. There was a bunch of scuff marks and other marks that got imprinted into the card. You can see where on the magnetic case and the card, they match up perfectly. I sent it back to him today. He did offer to send me half the money back for it,but the surface was in terrible shape.
Ouch. So are you going to get a full refund?
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

what I'd like to know is why they can take a laser to my eyeball and give me 20/20 but they can't figure out how to cut cards. chrome and platinum edges have been awful!
[Image: vt-2.gif]

(11-09-2011, 08:44 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: It's not just A&G, and for the relics it would look kinda stupid to have 18342583/2348439237 on it
LOL, no not the common ones, but the SPs yes I would like to know how many there are. Also I would never want them to stamp the relics, that doesn't go with the A&G theme. I just want the print run to be known (i.e. are there 20 Bush Autos/50/250?)

I agree with other, the film coating was terrible. If you wanted cards to retain value you had to keep the coating intact. So in reality you had to look at a cloudy card vs a nice shiny one. I ever posted about it a while back.
http://mojobeardy.wordpress.com/2011/03/...hese-back/
[Image: cropped-mojo-beard-banner-2-final.gif]