`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What now??

What now??
As some of you may know i am a BIG Penn State Football fan. Unless you have been under a rock for the past few days the current issues at the School are not gonna go away.
They are talking about having Joe Pa be released of his coaching at the school and asked to leave.
I DO NOT condone what happened but dont feel he and the Football team and other sports should suffer b/c of what a Higer up staff member did in the school.I am wondering should i look for a new college to root for? Should i stick with them like i want to but dont want to be associated with saying i support what is going on. I support the Teams NOT the current off field issue.
I'm at a loss i could sell out and start over but then what with my other stuff hats, sweetshirt, jerseys. I cant just stop loving a team b/c of this.

Looking for opinions if your favorite team was in this position.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

RE: What now??
I would continue to support them. It's not really JoePa's fault(If im not mistaken I think I read that he filed a complaint he received about him which led to him eventually being replaced). Of course being a fan of The U we had the recent scandal and all I can say is, you can't let one person ruin the college you love because of one person.

Though Sandusky is sick and hopefully gets the book thrown at him, it doesn't involve on-field scandals, it's about one sick person who did horrible things that nobody but the victims knew.

Go Nittany Lions!

No you shouldn't stop rooting for your team. The team itself is not to blame. There are several administrators who are to blame, and they will be dealt with and punished. Joe Pa will be canned because they will say he could have done more, though I feel there are PLENTY of other people there who should share blame. This has been going on for 15 YEARS! The only way they will be able to save face with the program is to clean house and start over again. The problem is it's not like a NCAA rule was violated, it's children that were involved. The whole story is so messed up, from the DA not filing criminal charges and later going missing, to the countless times people had reported it and the authorities did nothing. Hopefully this won't tarnish Penn State as a whole, but....... it just makes anyone who hears this sick to their stomach
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

joepa knew about this for years, and didnt go to the cops (he only went to the AD). that, on a basic human level, is inexcusable.

if i knew someone was molesting kids, i woudnt have gone to the cops either
because i would be burying that motherbleeper in the woods somewhere

joe pa, with his silence, allowed other kids to get molested

the university, joepa, the AD...they are all going to face civil suits, no doubt

----

as far as supporting the team....i think id root for the teams, but they wouldnt get any of my money for quite a while

(11-08-2011, 08:46 PM)Duchovny2 Wrote: No you shouldn't stop rooting for your team. The team itself is not to blame. There are several administrators who are to blame, and they will be dealt with and punished. Joe Pa will be canned because they will say he could have done more, though I feel there are PLENTY of other people there who should share blame. This has been going on for 15 YEARS! The only way they will be able to save face with the program is to clean house and start over again. The problem is it's not like a NCAA rule was violated, it's children that were involved. The whole story is so messed up, from the DA not filing criminal charges and later going missing, to the countless times people had reported it and the authorities did nothing. Hopefully this won't tarnish Penn State as a whole, but....... it just makes anyone who hears this sick to their stomach
+10000000

He is history. He had a moral choice to do something 10 years ago and it got swept under the rug, now it is going to ruin him and deservedly so. He did report it but after the scumbag was allowed to run freely around the campus for 10 years longer, Joe P should have made sure he was fired or something. He made the wrong choice and now the victim list is getter bigger by the day. Football is NOT more important than our children and some children who are being taken advantage of by so called coaches, role models and mentors. This situation is absolutely sickening and this program must be turned upside down and it will be. There is no getting out of this. It is sad for Penn State fans, but think about those kids. Football seems kinda meaningless if you think about it like that.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

Thanks guys gives me some things to talk about. I think when Joe pa told who he did he figured that be taken care of i dont see how its his fault b/c the person he told did little to nothing. He did what most would have done and told someone with power.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

Yeah but after NOTHING was done, dont you think he had a responsibilty to do more??? Who has more power than Joe Pa in Happy Valley??? It isnt that athletic director!!! He is at fault as much as anyone, he could have made SURE that it ended with that little boy, but he didnt. They will be lucky if some outraged father/family member doesnt show up for some personal justice.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]