`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Binder users

Binder users
Can you please give me your pros or cons as to your use of them. I like the function of the binder for storing cards but I am wanting to know about long term use and storing them this way. Have you all found the cards to still be protected?

RE: Binder users
I use em for minis, the 15 slot pages are nice to thumb through.

For my higher end sets I go penny sleeve, semi rigid.

Pages can bend and sometimes squeeze the life out of valuable vintage cards imo.

I like to use them for sets because it looks nice. I only use Ultra Pro pages. Other products will stick and ruin your cards.

I only put valuable cards in the middle of the pages so that they can't be damaged from the pages sagging. I also cover my binders with plastic bags to keep dust out.

I have noticed that some of my pages were bending in one album and I am trying to figure out why that happened.

I would recommend against putting expensive vintage cards in there.

I use them for In Person signed cards, some sets, and other PC base cards. I like how easy it is to see them all and haven't had any real problems. I have picked it up upside down on accident and some cards have slipped out though, so be careful. I wouldn't use pages for mid-high end stuff just because it will be much safer in toploaders. However, it is really convenient for base cards and lower end stuff.

Haven't had any problems. I just lay the binder down instead of standing up.

I only use binders to put my vintage commons in. Although I am a dealer so I dont really have too much stuff that isnt for sale. All my complete vintage sets get soft sleeved and put in an 800 count box with the higher end cards top loaded...binders really should only be for cards $1 and less. Everything else should be atleast soft sleeved and put into a monster box
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(11-08-2011, 12:32 AM)chads-cards Wrote: binders really should only be for cards $1 and less. Everything else should be atleast soft sleeved and put into a monster box
Why do you say that? What's wrong with binders?

For the last 10 years, I've put my sets in binders with Ultra Pro pages. No problems so far. I like them for looking through sets, but I wouldn't put anything high end in them.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

(11-08-2011, 01:32 AM)PadresFan86 Wrote: Why do you say that? What's wrong with binders?
I just dont trust them with my higher end stuff...I mean its worth the investment to protect them right. They are good for sets. But I would much rather have stuff toploaded or in a magnet/screw down. Once again I am dealer and dont care to display my stuff in a way I can look through it
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

As a team collector of SF Giants 1958-2011, I have to use binders, Ultra-Pro all the way from binders to pages. Each binder is a year, or part year and arranged alpha by manufacturer.
It is the only way I can view and add to the 17000 team cards. I stand my binders up, but they are close together and "tight" so the pages do not sag. Care must be taken to not pack them too tight and nake sure the cards do not slip out, something I had a problem with when laid flat, the cards slipped part way out of the top.
As with any storage system, you have to be mindful of the pros and cons...
pros: you can view your cards, add to them easier, fits onto shelves
cons: pages can sag, plastic can stick, heavy and shelves can bend
Even: space, most ways take up space, especially with large PCs.