`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Remember rediculous prices for things that have tanked?

RE: Remember rediculous prices for things that have tanked?
Can't really say ridiculous prices as the card itself never changes. We make the prices and control the condition of the card. We are the ones that make the ridiculous prices. Example, 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken FF card. It was a .05 card until we started paying those high prices for it.
[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]

Was looking at some of those over the weekend . Still a 15-20 dollar card.

I remember selling a '99 Topps Chrome Traded Corey Patterson for $500 back then. Chump change compared to what prospects sell for now but even then I couldn't believe someone was paying me that much for a guy who hadn't done jack squat yet.

I know someone mentioned it already but when Stadium Club was first introduced, that was crazy at the time.

I remember one time Jeff Francis' 2002 Bowman Chrome Draft AU RC was commanding some pretty big bucks when the Rockies reached the World Series in 2007. two years later, i picked one up off ebay for less than $10. How the mighty have fallen...or is it?
[Image: rattboycopy.jpg]

I NEVER trade Bowman Chrome cards, just so you know Big Grin

2002 Leaf Kazuhisa Ishii RC /250......I pulled that thing in 2002 and it had a BV of $120......now I probably couldn't give the thing away.
Also....1992 Bowman Chipper Jones.....a family friend paid $40 for it in the 90's....now worth anywhere near that.
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

(11-07-2011, 09:58 AM)sonnyday Wrote: I loaded up on 1986 Donruss Kal Daniels Rookies. I think I paid $3.00 a pop. I thought he was the second coming of Hank Aaron. Damn was I ever wrong!
I paid 3 for $10 for his Fleer rookies. Fortunately they were a dual rookies with Paul O'neill.
[Image: amazontmsc.jpg]

(11-08-2011, 07:48 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I remember selling a '99 Topps Chrome Traded Corey Patterson for $500 back then. Chump change compared to what prospects sell for now but even then I couldn't believe someone was paying me that much for a guy who hadn't done jack squat yet.

I know someone mentioned it already but when Stadium Club was first introduced, that was crazy at the time.
I remember the Stadium club times. I have a few thousand of them and just cant bring myself to get rid of them yet.

how about Hideki and Kaz Matsui....they were both first class passengers on Hype Airlines when they came out
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]