`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Remember rediculous prices for things that have tanked?

RE: Remember rediculous prices for things that have tanked?
I loaded up on 1986 Donruss Kal Daniels Rookies. I think I paid $3.00 a pop. I thought he was the second coming of Hank Aaron. Damn was I ever wrong!
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

1992 Brian Taylor Topps auto. Started out very good went crazy high. Then like a Chevy it fell like a rock.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(11-07-2011, 05:15 AM)newtmcknz Wrote: Some of my big pulls from when I was a kid...
1985 Topps Eric Davis $18
1988 Donruss Gregg Jefferies $5
1990 Score Bo Jackson B/W $20
1992 Bowman David Nied $15

I got rid of them at their peak prices, but now if I see any of these in a 25 cent box, I'll usually buy it. I don't know why, but I just do.
I remember the B/W Bo being $0.50 when '90 Score was first listed in the price guide. I remember because I convinced a friend to trade it to me for a Jim Abbot. I think it was the '89 UD Extended. In the next Beckett, the Bo took about a 2000% increase. I think it went to $12.
(11-07-2011, 09:26 AM)rare unreleased Wrote: Canseco Donruss Rated rookie got as high as $125.
That was a white whale for alot of kids in the 80s/early 90s. As a kid, owning that card gave you bragging rights. I remember a childhood friend displaying it on his wall.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

(11-07-2011, 01:06 AM)Merovius Wrote: Mauer's cards have been falling faster than the Hindenberg.

I remember Upper Deck and Pro Set being the high end back in the day.

Whats the highest end box of cards (per capita) ever produced?
But if Mauer gets healthy again his cards will shoot up to normal. He wasn't healthy and didn't play this past season
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

lol, I have a few older becketts and tuff stuff's from the late 80's and early 90's might have to get them from the attic and post some prices...

Ah good times..., should have loaded up on vintage instead of the Canseco's, Mcgwire's... (insert any 80's player name here)

I remember the 89 upper deck Griffey RC going for $150+ and many of the RCs of the big names from the early 90s much higher than they are now.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

Those 85 RCs of Eric Davis were gold bullion back in 86/87...Also 84 Fleer Update cards were priced higher than 52 Topps!!!

Even go a little more recent to guys like Rocco Baldelli...his 2001 Topps Golden Anniversary auto was selling for hundreds when it 1st came out...Or how about JD Drew cards when came out?

I was younger and saved up forever to get a 83TT Daryl Strawberry. Also, the 86 Canseco's bit me as well. My first lessons in investing - Prices don't always go up!
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

I remember all of those mentioned here the price for the frank thomas error was up in the moon!!!! There is also one I remember, the funny thing is I never knew who the guy was Rick Asadorian or however you spell it. His cards were worth more than any other rookie.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I remember in the late 90s it was Rick Ankiel's RC that was ridiculous.
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]