`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OT: Tom Brady is awful.

RE: OT: Tom Brady is awful.
I am a Bears fan, so please.... someone break Aaron Rodgers leg. He's killing me.

(11-06-2011, 10:38 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I am a Bears fan, so please.... someone break Aaron Rodgers leg. He's killing me.
break anybodys legs besides Foster,Turner and Cam....they are carrying my fantasy team lol

(11-06-2011, 10:38 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I am a Bears fan, so please.... someone break Aaron Rodgers leg. He's killing me.
no way he is carrying my fantasy team lol
[Image: supbullcoc1.jpg]

Collection Completion
GU - 131
AU - 219
1/1 - 25
total - 478
478/858 55.710/100%

(11-06-2011, 10:33 PM)rogue655 Wrote: pretty good where you been?

Around just not posting/collecting as obsessively as I was lol.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

i know what you mean about the collecting part. its going on close to a month since the last little yellow package appeared in my mailbox... feels more like a year
collecting LeGarrette Blount, Colt Lyerla & other Ducks
[Image: youngducks-1.png]
[Image: inceptionrainbow3.jpg]

(11-06-2011, 06:32 PM)spitjean Wrote: My thoughts - Are you serious??? One bad game? Come on dude.
1 bad game?..didnt know 342 yards passing and 2 tds was a bad game... if we wanna talk bad lets talk new england defense.. and im a bills fan defending tom brady..

[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

Look at his team also. His best receiver is 5'8! If ocho stinko could play football they wouldn't have lost. Btw let's not all forget about his mvp last year...first unanimous vote ever...ya he's that good.

(11-07-2011, 01:08 PM)cody_allen Wrote: Look at his team also. His best receiver is 5'8! If ocho stinko could play football they wouldn't have lost. Btw let's not all forget about his mvp last year...first unanimous vote ever...ya he's that good.
picking up Ocho was a waste imho... he hasn't done a damn thing for the Patriots... I am glad the Bengals dumped him... look at them now...Smile and all WITHOUT my boy Ship... they are a team going in the right direction, that's for sure...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(11-06-2011, 10:09 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: well, education doesnt mean intelligence.
Obviously not in your case.
(11-06-2011, 10:22 PM)Marinoisking Wrote: So I got one thing to say to everybody that told me Eli Manning was trash.
BOOOO YAAAAh Smile
oh and to get back on topic.
I honestly think I am known as the biggest Brady hater on this site.
I think he is over rated and a product of a great system.
But I just cant bring myself to call him awful.
I honestly think If Peyton had been in NE the past decade he would have like 100,000 yards and 6 rings by now.
anddd it is kinda funny how things have changed since spygate...with belicheat and the boys.

All that said....I still cant say Brady is awful.
Top 10 all time? You could make a case for it...A pretty legit case at that....but he isnt in my book.
But still a Top QB to ever play the game? As hard as I have tried to make myself say he isnt,
I cant.
I buy what you're saying, awful is probably too strong, but very overrated is definitely a distinct possibility.

I guess "Awful" was too strong, but overrated is a very good possibility. He can compile stats all he wants, but some of the throws he makes, at times, just make you shake your head. I believe he has thrown for about 540 yards with 4TDs and 2 INTs in the last two games, decent stats but poor games. For the season, 20 TDs and 10 INTs for the year. 2.5 TDs and 1.5 INTs per game are pretty ordinary numbers, especially since he is sacked an average of twice a game with his poor mobility. His line is doing a fine job protecting him.
(11-07-2011, 01:08 PM)cody_allen Wrote: Look at his team also. His best receiver is 5'8! If ocho stinko could play football they wouldn't have lost. Btw let's not all forget about his mvp last year...first unanimous vote ever...ya he's that good.
Last year's MVP, by far, was Aaron Rodgers. That is what I mean by overrated. He was lucky the voting too place prior to the playoffs. To do what Rodgers did behind that fair at best O-line, new defense scheme, and multitude of injuries, he is the man.

I really would like to have known what was on those video tapes of the pregame practices that the Patriots took all those years. IMO the NFL swept that under the rug as quickly as possible to the point of destroying the tapes so no one would ever see them. 3 Super Bowl wins (12 playoff wins total for Brady) prior to the Spygate, 2 total playoff wins after Spygate. Interesting.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

(11-07-2011, 01:38 PM)coachlew10 Wrote: Obviously not in your case.
I buy what you're saying, awful is probably too strong, but very overrated is definitely a distinct possibility.

I guess "Awful" was too strong, but overrated is a very good possibility. He can compile stats all he wants, but some of the throws he makes, at times, just make you shake your head. I believe he has thrown for about 540 yards with 4TDs and 2 INTs in the last two games, decent stats but poor games. For the season, 20 TDs and 10 INTs for the year. 2.5 TDs and 1.5 INTs per game are pretty ordinary numbers, especially since he is sacked an average of twice a game with his poor mobility. His line is doing a fine job protecting him.
Last year's MVP, by far, was Aaron Rodgers. That is what I mean by overrated. He was lucky the voting too place prior to the playoffs. To do what Rodgers did behind that fair at best O-line, new defense scheme, and multitude of injuries, he is the man.

I really would like to have known what was on those video tapes of the pregame practices that the Patriots took all those years. IMO the NFL swept that under the rug as quickly as possible to the point of destroying the tapes so no one would ever see them. 3 Super Bowl wins (12 playoff wins total for Brady) prior to the Spygate, 2 total playoff wins after Spygate. Interesting.
1. Brady was far and away the MVP last year, terrible in the playoffs sure, but the MVP is based on the regular season, and he carried a team that was predicted to be in rebuild mode to a 14-2 season.

2. Spygate is the most overblow thing in history. Look at the facts and you will see that the media and everybody else make fiction into facts. Additionally many other players/teams/coaches claimed it was common place in the NFL prior to it. Most of the allegations were false and blown out of proportion. What they DID do was film others teams signals, not a walkthrough. Read this article http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Art...count.html

Excerpt-

The mainstream media handled this story in typical fashion, its agenda-ridden prose and "punditry" compounded by a passion for sensationalizing non-existent stories and a bloodlust for personal destruction.

The original Spygate story that arose in September immediately fueled the most wild speculation imaginable, with media vultures using it to tear apart a coach, Bill Belichick, they already despised. At least there was some merit to the original story: the Patriots, we soon discovered, had in fact violated league rules when they taped Jets signals, along with those of other teams.

But then the Boston Herald went one step further in February, right before the Super Bowl, and reported that the Patriots had taped a walk-through of the Rams final practice before Super Bowl XXXVI in February 2002. Many newspapers were fed that line leading up to Super Bowl XLII, yet it went unreported until the Herald's John Tomase ran with it – curiously, just in time to benefit most from the attention that comes with Super Bowl weekend. It was a mistake to run the destructive, uncorroborated story, as the Herald admitted today.

But the veracity of the story was irrelevant: the fabrication was out in the public, and the media ate it up voraciously. The errant story even spawned frivolous lawsuits by St. Louis Rams fans and injudicious comments from ex-Rams players and coaches who really should have known better and kept their mouths shut until the facts came out.

Though never stated in the Herald piece, it was clear that Tomase believed Walsh to be the source and it was inferred that way by most media outlets.

Walsh, as we found out yesterday after months of speculation, had no such videotape. He never did. Now, the Herald's reputation lay in tatters and they are a laughing-stock in the eyes of many sports fans, reduced today to practically begging the Patriots for forgiveness. (Disclosure: CHFF's publisher also works part-time for The Boston Herald.)

But the Herald is not alone in their humiliation. Sure, they lit the match of the "Patriots taped the Rams" falsification. But the rest of the media eagerly poured gas into the fire with wild speculation for more than three months ... even though they knew that the spying, as practiced by the Patriots, was nothing new. In fact, it was quite common.

Several old-time coaches came forward in the wake of Spygate and admitted many of their own 'violations.' Yet the Patriots and Belichick continued to be singled out for their indiscretion, long after paying an unprecedented penalty for their violations.

As one reporter with a clue, Dan Pompei of the Chicago Tribune, pointed out in his piece May 9: "do not believe the course of football history was altered by Walsh's camcorder. Remember – every team in the league was stealing signals 'legally' over the same period of time by assigning an advance scout to monitor the sidelines from the press box."

Still, the mainstream media never let the facts get in the way of a good story. And today they look like jokers after three months of reckless speculation about a manufactured story. As the Cold, Hard Football Facts noted yesterday, Tony Kornheiser of ESPN's "Pardon the Interruption" summed it up best when he said that "foaming at the mouth" is what the media does best.