`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
autographs

autographs
I have a few autographs on sportscards from Nascar, Busch, etc. that were my late father's (Dale Earnhardt, Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Dale Jarret, and a few of the lessers). My children's college tuition is coming due and I need to raise money. Should I try to sell them on ebay? Individually? As a set? I don't want to short change myself but I would like to sell them ASAP. Unless someone here has a better idea?
Thank you for your help,
Daddy-Mac's Girl

RE: autographs
It depends on what you have. Are they certified pack pulled autographs. Or they ttm in person autographs. If they are in person ttm you are not going to get much for them. Dale sr ttm can bring 20 plus maybe depending on the card etc. but thats a high end. If you have some rare ones of drivers that never had a certified sometimes they can go in that range also.

In general though TTM/IN person type autographs average maybe 2-5 bucks.

THEN YOU have fees, paypal fees etc. You realy need more information on what you have pictues etc. for a better answer. Even certified autographs it depends on the driver and what year. Dale sr certified ccan average 200.00 but thats not going to pay college tuition unless you have abunch
CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

Thanks for the reply. No they won't pay for their tuition, but they could help. Smile Most of the autographs are from when he went into the pits which means TTM in person, right?

(11-05-2011, 05:04 PM)katnhat Wrote: Thanks for the reply. No they won't pay for their tuition, but they could help. Smile Most of the autographs are from when he went into the pits which means TTM in person, right?
yea thats right TTM = through the mail IN Person is obvious but prices are the same for the two.

If you have one that most people dont that can raise the price but fees are going to kill you unless you sell as a lot.

The first thing you need to do is get an inventory and photobucket going.

Without pictures people will not buy. Most collectors have seen the autographs enough to know if they are real or fake.

Card condition can influence also. You are looking at a lot of work for little reward.

I know there are a couple of old timers I am looking for so i would pay a larger amount on ttm if i could find it because they dont have a certified out there anywhere.

HO

Yea, scans or pics would really help, especially since they're in-person AU's. You would probably have better luck selling them here or on other NASCAR sites than you would on eBay, just b/c of eBay/Paypal's fees. Being IP cards, they won't fetch much there but you might get a higher offer on other sites. GL!

If it wasn't so close to the year-end holidays, I'd be happy to make offers on the Gordon and Martin cards.

Thank-you both very much for the advice. I will try photobucket and posting them here by the end of the week- at the marketplace?.

Shelby- Would these be considered Old-timers? Mr. September, Ned Jarrett, Richard Petty, Cale Yarborough, Bobby Allison, Donnie Allison, Buddy Baker?

Daddy-Mac's Girl.

(11-06-2011, 05:15 PM)katnhat Wrote: Thank-you both very much for the advice. I will try photobucket and posting them here by the end of the week- at the marketplace?.

Shelby- Would these be considered Old-timers? Mr. September, Ned Jarrett, Richard Petty, Cale Yarborough, Bobby Allison, Donnie Allison, Buddy Baker?

Daddy-Mac's Girl.

yea they are but every one of them have many certified autographs available for reasonable prices. thus making yours probably less than 4.00.

ones that might be worth more jake elder neil bonnett dale sr etc

i will post my list tommorow of all the racing personalities that have a certified autograph. the list is like 366 people long not counting cut sigs

Here are the some of the "famous" of the autographs that I have.
[Image: 1AUBrettBodine1988-98Maxx59-800001.jpg]

[Image: 1AUJeremyMayfield1999MaxxRacersInkJM40001.jpg]

[Image: 1AURustyWallace1994TraksAutographA120001.jpg]

[Image: BobbyAllisonMaxx19981090001.jpg]

[Image: BrookeSealy-Gordon1994Maxx2620001.jpg]

[Image: DaleEarnhardt1997Maxx30001.jpg]

[Image: JeffGordon1993Maxx240001.jpg]

Oops, I will try thumbnail. Smile
[Image: th_JimmieJohnsonRCMaxx2000600001.jpg]

[Image: th_KevinHarvickRCMaxx2000630001.jpg]

[Image: th_KurtBuschRCMaxx2000750001.jpg]
Here is the link to all the Racing autographs I have found so far. http://photobucket.com/racingautographs

I am currently working on Football, Golf, and Baseball autographs.
Please PM me if there are any suggestions, comments.
Thank-you,
Daddy-Mac's Girl.