`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Mallett Sage Hit PRE-Rookie.. anyone else have 1??

Ryan Mallett Sage Hit PRE-Rookie.. anyone else have 1??
Was going through my magnetic cases and stumbled across my mallett pre-rookie.. i remember when i purchased it that it was known to be a SSP.. i stroll on the bay now and then and have not actually stumbled on one since ive bought mine.. could this be the only ONE? or does someone actually have another one? im just curious.. thanks!

[Image: mallettfront.jpg]

[Image: mallettback.jpg]
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

RE: Ryan Mallett Sage Hit PRE-Rookie.. anyone else have 1??
nope, not a 1/1. There are printing plates of them that are 1/1's, and then a base, with silver and gold variations.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

RE: Ryan Mallett Sage Hit PRE-Rookie.. anyone else have 1??
(11-04-2011, 01:39 PM)charbs1111 Wrote: nope, not a 1/1. There are printing plates of them that are 1/1's, and then a base, with silver and gold variations.
i thought there was an article where this was a scarce card and not all of them were made..?

"We were missing a photo of one of the Pre-Rookie cards (Ryan Mallett PR6) so we either had to delay the sheets being turned over to the printer or risk missing our date. We opted to fill that missing spot with a ‘new’ card to add value to the product without having to spend a lot of time getting a new design, etc. The solution we came up with was inserting a second version of the Cam Newton base card to replace the Mallett Pre-Rookie, and then print the Mallett PR6 card on a digital sheet (much quicker to do than the conventional printing). To make sure collectors were able to determine what we had done, we made the photo of one on the left and the photo of the other Newton base card on the right. The Newton base card variation is done at the same printing quantity as the other 4 Pre-Rookie cards in High Series. The Mallett Pre-Rookie card – because it was digitally printed – is much more short-printed."

"We weren’t trying to pull a fast one at all, just trying to hit our packaging dates while still trying to add some value to the product."

"So there you have it. Not truly a short printed variation per se, but definitely a distinct card in and of itself. And as it turns out, there is a short print card, but it is actually the Ryan Mallet Pre-Rookie insert."
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.