`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SP Authentic: 10-11 vs. 11-12 which is better?

SP Authentic: 10-11 vs. 11-12 which is better?
Title says it all...speaking strictly for myself, I'm considering buying a box of one or the other (can't buy both, don't have the funds). In my humble opinion here are the pros and cons.

10-11: Pros- More likely to hit an MJ of some type (floor cards are nearly 1 per box), prefer the holo f/x insert look to the 11-12 inserts, fewer "bad hits" than 11-12 (tons of lousy autos). Cons- already have the full base set from a previous box and don't want to deal with the doubles, many big hits already gone

11-12: Pros- additional hit per box on average, newer product so resale is likely to be high at the moment, no doubles issues. Cons- lower-quality hits (who the heck is Alec Burks?), tougher to hit an MJ.

I'm leaning ever so slightly towards 10-11 at the moment in hopes of hitting another MJ relic. I'm far from a big time collector and the MJ floor card I pulled out of my 10-11 SP Authentic box was my first MJ relic/auto of any kind. I welcome thoughts and opinions!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: SP Authentic: 10-11 vs. 11-12 which is better?
My opinion is either box is risky. However if you pull a jordan from this years product it can sell for quite a bit more than last years. Since there isn't a season as of yet then your autos will be alot of no name college guys. When the season gets going again they become more valuable being that they are the only ones out of those players. Seeing a few breaks on here you could get some nice hits from 11-12. I would say buy this years the sale value is better for new product.

I haven't opened this years but did last year. From what I've seen, I like this years better. The floor cards are cool, but like you said there is almost 1 in every box, so thats not as cool then. Some cards from this year are doing well without the NBA so thats a +. Good luck!

I would go with this year new stuff will sell better, but does anyone know why 11-12 doesn't have at least all of the lottery picks in this product

Yeah, I've seen Bismack but not Kemba? What up wit dat?

If you are looking for MJ cards, I would say last year. I believe every box I have seen from last year had one MJ floor card in it. With this years product, they included other floor cards from other players. In the couple boxes posted here, not every box contained a MJ floor card. And on a personal note, the two products look to similar to me. Because of the similarities, I would go with last year simply because that was the original decision and it seems like this years product mimics that.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Not every box lol A MJ and UNC fan I didn't get one in my box lol I got a bunch of trash, well 2 rookie by the letters and the Jordan brand game relic.I mean my rookies were Lazar Hayward and Hamady N-Diaye. I know I should buy another box because it can't be that bad again but its a hit or miss

(11-03-2011, 01:51 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: If you are looking for MJ cards, I would say last year. I believe every box I have seen from last year had one MJ floor card in it. With this years product, they included other floor cards from other players. In the couple boxes posted here, not every box contained a MJ floor card. And on a personal note, the two products look to similar to me. Because of the similarities, I would go with last year simply because that was the original decision and it seems like this years product mimics that.

got lucky on my first box of 2011-12. got a mj auto letter. but in all honesty, the two years are pretty much the same. both years will have one "a" list autograph in each case, so you can't really make your decision on that. has anyone gotten a good rookie out of 2010-11? do you expect any out of 2011-12? that's where you'll have to make your decision, which year's crop of rookies are worth it.

I did not buy last years.. wasn't going to buy this years either, but I had an itch. Got a good deal at the LSC, even though I only stopped to pick up a couple shoeboxes & more magnetic toploaders...

Ended up buying 2 of 4 boxes they had at PJ's Sports Cards located in Chula Vista, Ca (San Diego).. One box was already opened with only three packs opened.. this card shop does not have a lot of basketball collectors..

anyways, first box had a Hakeem "by the letter" auto/5.. Got a couple ok autos..

I love the auto cards that look like the entire floor is shown on the cards. the autos are clean & crisp. Looking online, most of the autos are offcentered on the cards.. but then again.. players don't really care about the look of the card.. they get paid to sign their name anywhere..

I love SPA 2011-12 product... going to keep my eye on a few singles... not worth buying another box since I already got two... I did get doubles of base, which was not cool...

Oh, the cardboard fillers... UD did a poor job with those. Just about every one I got was chipping. The chips were stuck to a few of the cards. I got one damaged card, but it was base.. so not worried. Going to put it in a penny sleeve & send it back anyways.. just to see what UD says.. going to send them a nasty letter about Q/A.. Last time I sent in a few damaged cards from packs.. they sent me a couple free packs.. even though it was low end stuff. I was still happy. one of the cards I sent back was a Chronology base card.

UD shold of put some type of advertisement or at least cleaned up the edges of the blank cardboard fillers... In my opinion, they do not look professional.

Will post some scans sometime early next week. Taking a last minute trip this weekend..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

I dont like college stuff, im not fond of college sports which is why im hesitant on buying these. But i bought 2 packs of 10-11 SPA the other day (10 bucks for both) just for fun and got a Holo FX MJ and a Holo FX Penny Hardaway. BV on both cards together are 26 bucks (20 for MJ 6 for Penny)