`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has this been ever done before?

Has this been ever done before?
Red refractors are limited to 5 card.....has anyone collected all 5 red refractors cards of one player?
(11-03-2011, 05:40 PM)giants1957 Wrote: Red refractors are limited to 5 card.....has anyone collected all 5 red refractors cards of one player?
i guess not
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

RE: Has this been ever done before?
It's not unheard of. I have heard guys trying it with cards that are numbered to 25 or 10. None of them were successful I don't believe but it would definetly be worth a shot especially if you are ready for the ultimate chase.

People have done all 4 printing plates, so it's very possible. You'd have to get very lucky though, a lot of times 1 of them will be locked away in some box in Alaska
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

I think someone did it with Billy Butler once. It's not that hard depending on the player. I have a lot of 3 out of 5's. Just never pursued the last 2.
[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]

(11-04-2011, 07:36 AM)rare unreleased Wrote: I think someone did it with Billy Butler once. It's not that hard depending on the player. I have a lot of 3 out of 5's. Just never pursued the last 2.
Of who? Would love to see them.

The biggest issue with it is not the personal collector as much as the unopened boxes IMO. If you knew all were pulled it would be easier to think about pursuing. I think owning all of a print run is much like owning all the 1/1 of a player. You know someone is gonna screw it up for you.

I do remember Rockinrobyn owing all 3 in the print run of an Adenhart auto card though. She had 1/3, 2/3, snd 3/3 if I recall.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I have been able to get lucky twice and get all 4 printing plates (granted it is Mike Wood and Andres BlancoSmile

[Image: IMG_1400.jpg][Image: IMG_1399.jpg][Image: IMG_1397.jpg][Image: IMG_1396.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1391.jpg][Image: IMG_1390.jpg][Image: IMG_1378.jpg][Image: IMG_1377.jpg]
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

I have been trying to get all 10 of a card serial numbered to 10. So far I have 7 of the 10, and know where the 8th one is (the owner just wants way too much for it since he knows how much I want/need it). I even know how much he paid and offered to double it but he wants 4 times that (which is absurd). I told him that if he ever has to sell it that I would highly appreciate being the first one he contacts. Hopefully he will get needy sometime soon and lower his asking price. Because of that owner I will not post which card it is that I am looking for, so that the other 2 don't all of a sudden become available at overly inflated prices. Best of luck to anyone else trying to do that same feat.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Years ago, I used to collect Corey Patterson. The closest I came to anything of this magnitude was 2/5 Leaf Orange County from a few years back. I got them both off eBay, and one took about a year to arrive in the mail from another country, but I still have them both. If the other three came up at the time, I probably would have tried for them. Now, not so much, but they would probably be rather affordable.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.