`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading question

Grading question
I have a few cards and was wondering if I should get then graded. First I have never been a fan of graded cards, the just seem too bulky. Second the cards I would get graded are pc guys so the would just sit on a shelf. Do you usually on grade to sell? The cards are all autos, heyward rc sterling, heyward rc peak performance, Carlos Santana sterling. And maybe a Jeter printing plate. Or is there better cases to store them in, currently in screw downs.

RE: Grading question
If they're for your PC and personal enjoyment and you don't like the look ofgraded cases, my vote would be no. Under those facts, I dont see the point. I think the screw down cases are fine too.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I would also vote no. I am a big fan of graded cards but don't really see the point of newer stuff being graded. And if it's for your PC, why waste the money. Plenty of supplies out there to protect your cards without them being slabbed.

I would vote yes just because personally I like the look of my nicer PC cards encased in a Beckett or PSA case. SGC usually looks the nicest for vintage cards.

As far as value goes, BGS 9's,9.5s and 10's usually command a greater value as far as on secondary sites like eBay or checkoutmycards.com or other auction sites. 8.5's usually hold up the current BV.

I would suggest that if you have never sent any cards into Beckett before that you go to the grading section of the site and see what kind of deals that they have right now so you can get the most bang for you're buck in you're first grading experience.

Good luck

(11-03-2011, 07:42 AM)jtulliakat0628 Wrote: I would suggest that if you have never sent any cards into Beckett before that you go to the grading section of the site and see what kind of deals that they have right now so you can get the most bang for you're buck in you're first grading experience.

Good luck
I remember my first time Grading with Beckett. It was ugly. Of course I did sub all vintage Nolan Ryans. And back then, Beckett had a Saturday event. I think it was like the first Saturday of the month. I think Beckett has moved locations twice since then.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!