`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freddie Freeman Game Used Hat?

Freddie Freeman Game Used Hat?
Hey Guys - I've been reading the forums for a while, but this will be my first official post. My collection is laughable compared to others I see on here so I hope you take it easy on the new guy!!

I was lucky enough to win one of the USA Baseball Twitter contests last week and received a Freddie Freeman game used (not signed) hat from when he played with USA Baseball. The hat came with an authentication letter from USA Baseball so I feel safe it's legit. I'm a huge Reds fan and would love to make a trade, but have no idea what to look for in return. Any thoughts or suggestions??

Thanks,
Mark

RE: Freddie Freeman Game Used Hat?
Welcome aboard, and that's a tough question. Something you might want to try is listing it in a BIN/BO auction on eBay and just see what kind of offers you get. Put the BIN at whatever figure you have in your head that you'd be satisfied with, maybe $400 or 500 or so, and then see what offers you get and value it based on that. It's a process that will take a few weeks to get good exposure and a decent sample size, but will give you a decent idea of what people are willing to pay which will give you a good baseline valuation.
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

hey welcome aboard, I'm not sure a good way to give you a value on it.

the only thing braves I can compare as of recent is GU jonny venters hats, signed two one from the all-star game and one from another lmited issue hat event they went for $200 and $250

the all star hat resurfaced with a kimbrel auto/inscription on it now for around $300

for something like that of freeman my guess would be $200 or so unsigned. the idea of putting it on ebay for a higher price or best offer would be a good suggestion to gauge value. you can field offers on it from there and kinda see what people are willing to pay. could always sell it then and just straight up buy whatever nice reds item it is you wanted
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(11-02-2011, 03:11 PM)johnxgodfree Wrote: hey welcome aboard, I'm not sure a good way to give you a value on it.

the only thing braves I can compare as of recent is GU jonny venters hats, signed two one from the all-star game and one from another lmited issue hat event they went for $200 and $250

the all star hat resurfaced with a kimbrel auto/inscription on it now for around $300
The problem I see with this item is that it won't appeal to the majority of Braves fans, since it's a Team USA hat. I think it would be valued quite a bit higher if it were a GU'd Braves hat, since it would have appeal to a more vast fanbase. As it stands, it just appeals mostly to Freeman fans. Still a nice item, and if you held a gun to my head and forced me to guess a value, I would say $200-$250
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

Thanks for the replies. There is a fairly large show in town (Cincinnati) later in the month. There is usually a dealer from near ATL that comes up for the show. I may see if he has any interest and then head to eBay.

yep I agree with keyser above as it would have less interest from braves guys I know if you gave me a choice between a braves and a team USA hat of his even if the USA hat was a little cheaper I'd still go with the braves.

I could see ebay probably netting the best interest because although I don't know any offhand, I'm sure there are people who collect that sorta thing (team USA, baseball stuff) and since its got braves and freeman subject matter still could get some interest from those fans.

do you have it in hand yet? post a photo of it up when you get it!
1/1's (28/72 39%)

There's a Verlander Detroit Tigers Negro league alternate cap for sale on eBay with a BIN of $200. Although Verlander is an established star, I was a little suspicious of the authenticity, which was apparently based on the fact that the number 35 was written on the brim. In any event, I'd put your Freeman cap in the same ballpark, maybe a little higher since you have some papers with it.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Here's a link to my photobucket account with 2 pictures:

http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x423/mkolkmeier/

(11-02-2011, 01:51 PM)keyser soze Wrote: Put the BIN at whatever figure you have in your head that you'd be satisfied with, maybe $400 or 500 or so, and then see what offers you get and value it based on that.
+1 This guy knows his stuff. Not to mention this will give you a good idea as far as what the secondary market will play out for a GU hat like this of a semi-star like freeman. Reasonably if it is game used with a lefit COA and everything, you might be be able to get 200-300 IMO if you find the right collector or fan. Little more or less maybe but probably in that range if you were to sell it

writing on the bottom is funny haha

cool hat though!
1/1's (28/72 39%)