`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest pet peeve!

Biggest pet peeve!
Okay I understand supplies are very expensive today but it really bothers me when I get cards in the mail that are in the dirtiest soft and hard sleeves. I am sure everyone else would like the same in return. I always send out stuff in brand new toploaders/soft sleeves and team bagged. Why risk damaging a $20 dollar card with a dirty soft sleeve. I have got so many chrome cards that end up scratch just because the guy didnt wanna spare the 10-20 on supplies.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

RE: Biggest pet peeve!
I know. That really bugs me too! I go by the golden rule, treat others as you would like to be treated. So, I have adopted that to my card dealings as well. I send out a card/s in the way that I would like to receive them. Jus like you, Chad.... soft sleeve inside a top loader inside a team bag, & if its a thinner type card, I slip a dummy card (those thick white cards used as pack fillers) to further protect the card. I try to use new bubble mailers when ever I can, But sometimes use "used" bubble mailers (ones in good condition). But i never, and I repeat, NEVER EVER EVER use a pwe!! Even if it is a .02 cent common. Cuz the person getting that common, it is obviously worth something to them, and If I was in the same boat, I would want/expect the same treatment.

I believe this should be not only common sense, but common practice for ALL traders!

*On a side note, I try to buy supplys in bulk whenever I can. Plus I have other collectors that sometimes give me extra cases. I keep & use only the clean one's of course, lol

Sorry for ranting on your thread Chad, but I feel I needed to express my opinions (& some frustrations).
Smile
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

(11-01-2011, 12:38 AM)chads-cards Wrote: Okay I understand supplies are very expensive today but it really bothers me when I get cards in the mail that are in the dirtiest soft and hard sleeves. I am sure everyone else would like the same in return. I always send out stuff in brand new toploaders/soft sleeves and team bagged. Why risk damaging a $20 dollar card with a dirty soft sleeve. I have got so many chrome cards that end up scratch just because the guy didnt wanna spare the 10-20 on supplies.
I hate it too man....if its a big trade with a bunch of base and stuff I dont mind....but on nicer cards....I want clean cases.

I do have to testament that almost every card I have gotten from you has been in a very nice case....even a Magnetic on the Manning rookie auto....I appreciate that and would do the same.

Any card that is over like 40 bucks usually gets sent out in a mag unless I am out. I mean supplies arent so expensive you can replace them. I wish there was a way you could turn in your crappy toploads to a plastic company for money. I have box after box full of those and old screw downs. I just have to replace 100 cards cases from ebay and trades from the last few weeks...Only a few cards were in decent enough shape...I am a soft sleev nazi though...I replace pretty much 100% of the soft sleeves that come in...I do try to recycle my bad toploads as much as possible in our store though.

Here is my $.02

I have a box full of cases and top loaders that are not mint. I wouldnt "store" my PC cards in them forever but if I were to get cards either from purchases or trades in these type of cases or top loaders I really wouldnt be upset about it. To me its my own responsibility to have new cases/top loaders on hand and not the trader/seller. Keep in mind EVERYONE has different preferences so even if I send a card in a new case they may not like the case or they may have a unique way of storing their cards.

A good trader is one that has good communication, is accurate when stating condition of the card, packages the card safely (regardless of the case) and uses a bubble mailer with delivery confirmation. If you do that for me Im a happy camper. lol.

Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(11-01-2011, 01:21 AM)chads-cards Wrote: Any card that is over like 40 bucks usually gets sent out in a mag unless I am out. I mean supplies arent so expensive you can replace them. I wish there was a way you could turn in your crappy toploads to a plastic company for money. I have box after box full of those and old screw downs. I just have to replace 100 cards cases from ebay and trades from the last few weeks...Only a few cards were in decent enough shape...I am a soft sleev nazi though...I replace pretty much 100% of the soft sleeves that come in...I do try to recycle my bad toploads as much as possible in our store though.
all the soft sleeves you got on my cards should have been brand new Easy grade sleeves....I replaced those on almost all my decent cards and put all my new ones in them lol

Yeah I agree with that too I just get very annoyed when I have to change out every single card haha. I could be using that time for other things. I dont mind that I have to use my supplies I just dont like to waste my time sleeving stuff ha. Thats why my dad has help at his store...so he doesnt have to do that. I am so busy talking on the phone and closing deals on other things. Finally im starting to trust my gf with it. For a while she kept dinging corners. (Thats why I started her out with some dollar cards ha). And really the only reason I like clean cases is so I can save time. Like you said everyone is different.
(11-01-2011, 01:27 AM)Marinoisking Wrote: all the soft sleeves you got on my cards should have been brand new Easy grade sleeves....I replaced those on almost all my decent cards and put all my new ones in them lol
I havent even touched your stuff yet haha. Just saw what was there and realized your mistake Smile lol. I have so many cards here I am goign through. We just bought 2 massive collections and im sorting that crap...So I have about a show box full of my recetn pcikups. Havent even been able to scan anything the past week.

I at the least send the card in a new penny sleeve and in an old top loader...this way the card is in a new sleeve and can be easily put into a new top loader if that is what the receiver so chooses...soft sleeves are so cheap that you could rims he cash in the couch or car...lol
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++