Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
panini redemptions are horrible

RE: panini redemptions are horrible
i've mentioned it briefly before, but here is the update on my status:

here is what i am waiting on from them...and the dates i redeemed them.
Certified- Freshman Fabric Signatures- 197 Derek Stepan (July 10)
Crown Royale- Rookie Royalty Signatures- 131 Alexander Vasyunov (June 16)
Certified- Freshman Fabric Signatures- 200 Nino Niederreiter (April 1)
Limited- Monikers Gold Signature- 169 Richard Brodeur (January 10)

i called in May to try and work out a replacement for the Brodeur. they said they would get one out for me, no problem.
in July i called back as i hadn't received anything yet and they said a replacement was never done and that they would be sure to get it done for me this time. they asked what team i collected and i told them Flyers. while i had the rep on the phone, i asked about the Certified redemptions. i was told that they were "waiting for the printing presses to become available, so they could get them made and sent out."
on August 4th i sent them this response on my Brodeur redemption page: "just checking to see the status of my replacement request for the Brodeur. i had called a couple of times to have it replaced with something Flyers, but haven't noticed any updates via email or here. any word would be much appreciated. thanks and have a good one. -Matthew"
on October 1st i receive this reply: "We are still waiting on the autographs from that player. With redemption's we have a contract with the player. It does not however allow us to place a time frame on the athletes. The players agent will set up the signing with him around their own scheduling. When the signatures are done and returned to us then we process and send them out. You may request after the 4 month wait is over that we send you out a random pulled card of equal value as a trade or continue waiting for the actual card. Please let us know of your decision. Thank you and have a great day!"

on October 3rd i called, three times at different parts of the day....No Answer, went to an answering machine.
on October 17th i replied on the redemption page again asking about it's status and letting them know about my dissatisfaction.
it is now October 31st and i am yet to receive a response.
pretty awesome customer service, right?
-Matthew
[Image: flyerssig.jpg]

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones with Panini. I have had 12 redemptions with them last year and received all but one(Hamill Silhouettes) but got a replacement on that one. Wish I would have waited a month or two more because now the Hamill is finally out.
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

Hi guys!

I just got off of the phone with Panini, and they revealed some startling news to me. It seems that the head for their hockey department has walked out on them two weeks ago. This is a really bad thing for our neck of the woods, as he was the one that was in charge of acquiring auto's, jerseys, setting up shoots and the like. I am not sure if this will put a damper on releases, but it sure has done some damage to their queued redemptions. The lady that I spoke with said that she would call me back when she can get some information on my redeemed cards, but as far as she knew, the Scratching The Surface cards were not forthcoming. I am not happy about it, but hopefully they will be able to get me some decent replacements. Hope that everyone is doing well otherwise!

Randi

I forgot about that. Clint was on another site and one day out of a blue posted something that just shock me.

(11-01-2011, 10:40 AM)rayeates Wrote: Hi guys!

I just got off of the phone with Panini, and they revealed some startling news to me. It seems that the head for their hockey department has walked out on them two weeks ago. This is a really bad thing for our neck of the woods, as he was the one that was in charge of acquiring auto's, jerseys, setting up shoots and the like. I am not sure if this will put a damper on releases, but it sure has done some damage to their queued redemptions. The lady that I spoke with said that she would call me back when she can get some information on my redeemed cards, but as far as she knew, the Scratching The Surface cards were not forthcoming. I am not happy about it, but hopefully they will be able to get me some decent replacements. Hope that everyone is doing well otherwise!

Randi
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

To everyone that shared their stories with me on the redemptions, thank you.

It seems that the majority of you are also having a hard time getting items from them. I do realize that the players they have under contracts are ultimately at fault, but my biggest concern is that the majority of their products have stickered autographs, which doesn't shock me as they are, after all, a sticker company, and they continue to put out new products with the players that people mentioned were redemptions in one product, but not in another. So why, I ask, can't they finalize older items first before putting out new items? I'm sure that their contracts with the players are not so binding as to limit what product they put their stickered autographs on.

But in the end, I reiterate my feelings that I will not buy Panini products unless they are the only company that will offer a product in any sport, and then again, I may think three times before picking it up. They may be the only company with contracts with the four major professional sports in the USA, but I'd rather take my chances with Upper Deck (who may not be licensed but will still offer you a wide range of players you want) or Topps (whose odds of pulling a decent auto is slim) rather than put up with the horrendous and atrocious customer service at Panini.
Randi, Thanks for the info...but as far as I'm concerned, he/she wasn't really doing their job for me anyways. Or maybe he/she was, but got shut down by Panini.

(11-01-2011, 10:40 AM)rayeates Wrote: Hi guys!

Randi

After reading these posts, I decided to call them up. First call, answering machine. Second call, actually got someone. The women said that she is going to send replacements for my cards. But I have no idea how long it will take to get here.

Even if I recieve them in the next week, I am not sure if I will buy more panini products.
Collecting Patrick Roy and will look at all buckets

Roy PC - https://patrickroycollection.shutterfly.com/pictures/8

Now for a bit of good redemption news from Panini.

On their Facebook page I saw today that all the redemptions from the Certified Freshman Signature including all parallels are know in house and are being prepared to ship and will begin shipping out this week. I read somewhere that the problem know is getting the cards printed so that they can get the stickers on and get sent out.

So would it not make more sense to have the cards already printed and waitng for the stickers?

Has anyone talked to any other person other then Theresa at Panini, seems like she is the only one running the "department".
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

I have no idea who I talked to, but she basically told me that I could replace my two outstanding redemptions with cards of "equal value". Is it me, or is everyone else pretty much terrified at the thought of that?

Cards I'm waiting for...
10-11 Certified Mirror Blue Freshmen Fabrics Signatures #194 (Burmistrov, #/50)
10-11 Crown Royale Legends Signatures - Marcel Dionne.

I could end up with two horrid cards because the BV really isn't all that significant for either of these.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

(11-01-2011, 05:15 PM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: I have no idea who I talked to, but she basically told me that I could replace my two outstanding redemptions with cards of "equal value". Is it me, or is everyone else pretty much terrified at the thought of that?

Cards I'm waiting for...
10-11 Certified Mirror Blue Freshmen Fabrics Signatures #194 (Burmistrov, #/50)
10-11 Crown Royale Legends Signatures - Marcel Dionne.

I could end up with two horrid cards because the BV really isn't all that significant for either of these.
Maybe you could call and request the Hamill Silhouette I had them replace Big Grin At least it's worth a shot because BV is $50 on it.
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!