`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulled out my trunk of old cards and ready to get back at it!

RE: Pulled out my trunk of old cards and ready to get back at it!
It kind of depends on who you ask. People who like rookies and prospects, would probably say Bowman Chrome. People who like ultra high end might say Topps Triple Threads. People who like unique and variety might say Allen and Ginter. It all depends on your budget and your preferences.
Need the following for my 1986-1995 Barry Larkin collection
(Currently have 477/479):

88 Score Samples #72
95 UD Electric Diamond Gold #405

Please send me a PM if you have any of these!
Interested in buying any other Larkin cards that I don't have as well!!

So should I buy whole sets? Jumbo boxes? single packs?

Do the complete sets have any of the special or rare inserts or do you have to buy the jumbo boxes?
[Image: Eric_Hosmer_Sig-2.jpg]
http://photobucket.com/kansan * HOSMER COLLECTOR *

(10-27-2011, 07:10 PM)kansan Wrote: So should I buy whole sets? Jumbo boxes? single packs?

Do the complete sets have any of the special or rare inserts or do you have to buy the jumbo boxes?
Buying whole sets won't get you any inserts. You have to buy jumbo boxes or hobby boxes. The hobby boxes have more packs, but less cards in each pack. As others have said, it depends on how much money you want to spend. The jumbo boxes cost more but you can only buy them for the Topps Series 1, 2, and Update. By the way, Update is sort of like the the Traded sets from back in the day, except they include all-stars, season highlights, etc. Other sets, Bowman, Topps Marquee, Allen and Ginter, etc. come in hobby boxes.
Shawn Green PC:
377 unique cards
76 GU & Patches
5 Autos

Dude just buy packs and have fun. You might get some hits you can trade up for. I like to bust wax and trade. I have a PC where I collect 3 main guys and then a few others. I put sets together when I have busted a bunch of it. Jumbo packs are the way to go on topps because there is more chances of getting hits. Do you know if you want to start a player pc or a team pc or sets or what. Find that out and then you will be good to go. HAVE FUN

Is there a site where I can find every card made for an individual player?

YOU ARE ON IT!!!!! Just go to the rg and type in that players name.

(10-27-2011, 07:50 PM)kansan Wrote: Is there a site where I can find every card made for an individual player?
if you subscribe to an online price guide here for baseball, you can look up checklist of any baseball player.
[Image: thCA4A41M6_zps6c3e4a45.jpg]

(10-27-2011, 06:01 PM)kansan Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply. I used to collect Ken Griffey Jr and still have them. My favorite team is the Royals as I am from Kansas. But I collected many all stars also. Are Topps Chrome any good?
Where in Kansas are you? I'm in Western Kansas. Welcome to the boards. Everybody here is pretty cool and will help you with questions you may have. Good luck.

Welcome back to the hobby!

what you collect is up to your personal preference, whether its a certain player, team, or if you like to build sets. The first thing you need to do is find out if there is a local card shop in your town.

If you have any questions about the site or the hobby just ask us, we can help you out.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

(10-27-2011, 09:36 PM)sesfan01 Wrote: Welcome back to the hobby!

what you collect is up to your personal preference, whether its a certain player, team, or if you like to build sets. The first thing you need to do is find out if there is a local card shop in your town.

If you have any questions about the site or the hobby just ask us, we can help you out.
yeah there is a local card shop. I was just there Monday.

HOME RUN RANGERS!!! Old Nolan Ryan looks like he is about to have a heart attack. OHHHHHHHHHH and bam another homer! this is real time.