`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Buyers beware, eBay ID: bigboydsportscards3 (Shilling)

Buyers beware, eBay ID: bigboydsportscards3 (Shilling)
Ok, so I am always kind of annoyed with shill bidding, but also with the constant threads accusing sellers of it with no proof. But now we have admission of guilt. You can read the football boards, it's all over the place. (Entertaining, too) Just know that if you buy from bigboydsportscards3 on Ebay, you are bidding against HIM.

RE: Buyers beware, eBay ID: bigboydsportscards3 (Shilling)
also, he inflates the book value of his lots. if he says a lot is worth 3500, it's actuaslly worth around 500

I've heard nothing but bad things about this seller for a few years now.

(10-26-2011, 09:54 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I've heard nothing but bad things about this seller for a few years now.
Over the last 6 months, his monthly average is 6000 positives, 11 neutrals and 3 negatives.

That's not bad for a seller with 147,000 feedback. So, must not be shilling too often.

Plus, how many times have you heard bad things versus how many items a month he sells? Maybe the 2-3 negatives things are just from negative people and the other 6,000 a month are happy.

I'm not trying to defend the guy because I've never bought anything from him. But it seems if he's so shady, more people would have negative things to say about his business and his cards.

(10-26-2011, 11:42 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Over the last 6 months, his monthly average is 6000 positives, 11 neutrals and 3 negatives.

That's not bad for a seller with 147,000 feedback. So, must not be shilling too often.

Plus, how many times have you heard bad things versus how many items a month he sells? Maybe the 2-3 negatives things are just from negative people and the other 6,000 a month are happy.

I'm not trying to defend the guy because I've never bought anything from him. But it seems if he's so shady, more people would have negative things to say about his business and his cards.
because he has multiple accounts, he uses them for feedback extortion. that's what he did to me. i bid using my buying account, and somehow he found out my selling account, bid on some buy it nows, and held me up to not leave negatives. im a powerseller, and ebay did nothing

Also, he created an account named "ebayshiller" after someone on the football boards exposed him, so he could defend the practice. And like Jacoby said- who knows how many of those positive feedback entries are from himself??

Besides, I am not saying you shouldn't buy from him. I am just telling people to be aware that if you do- you are probably going to get bid up by the seller himself.

Just don't bid on his items till the last 3 seconds, or snipe them. He can't shill if there aren't any bids.

Sure he can. He does. Then when you snipe, you snipe his artificial bidder and pay far more because you were the only "real" bidder.

(10-26-2011, 11:55 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Also, he created an account named "ebayshiller" after someone on the football boards exposed him, so he could defend the practice. And like Jacoby said- who knows how many of those positive feedback entries are from himself??

Besides, I am not saying you shouldn't buy from him. I am just telling people to be aware that if you do- you are probably going to get bid up by the seller himself.
that wasnt bigboyd. it was just some troll, who is a regular member here that created that account. bigboyd actually has an account here which he has used to respond to allegations before (bigboyd3)

wow!!!!
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]