`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Buyers beware, eBay ID: bigboydsportscards3 (Shilling)

RE: Buyers beware, eBay ID: bigboydsportscards3 (Shilling)
I know I have personally bought many items from the various bigboyd ebay accounts and have never felt like I got shilled. I have gotten some REALLY good deals from him before. I haven't read the thread on the football board yet, so I will check it out and respond there if warranted.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(10-26-2011, 09:54 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I've heard nothing but bad things about this seller for a few years now.
Ditto.

I've bought from him once or twice now and got good deals and fast shipping

I have bought a ton of stuff from him, but in looking back at them now, I see I did get shilled a few of the times. No biggie, I still only paid up to my max bid, but I will never buy from him again. I will pay more to buy from someone with integrity.
(10-26-2011, 12:39 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: that wasnt bigboyd. it was just some troll, who is a regular member here that created that account. bigboyd actually has an account here which he has used to respond to allegations before (bigboyd3)
My bad, the "ebayshiller" guy said that his name was being dragged through the mud on the boards (I am paraphrasing), and I saw the thread about bigboyd and jumped to a conclusion I possibly shouldn't have. In any case, there was proof of his shilling in that thread anyway: he sold card number XX/XX, then magically relisted it after getting positive feedback. It is pretty clear looking at the buyer's feedback left for others that the account is used for shill bidding with "Gunther713" and "bigboydsportscards3".

(10-26-2011, 11:42 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: That's not bad for a seller with 147,000 feedback. So, must not be shilling too often.
That right there is the problem, he shouldn't be shilling at all.

(10-26-2011, 11:42 AM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Plus, how many times have you heard bad things versus how many items a month he sells? Maybe the 2-3 negatives things are just from negative people and the other 6,000 a month are happy.

I'm not trying to defend the guy because I've never bought anything from him. But it seems if he's so shady, more people would have negative things to say about his business and his cards.
There are plenty of people who have things to say about his shilling practices. I did a couple of Google searches, using various search terms, and his name has popped up on a few other forums as well in regards to shilling. I can't post links to the other forums but here are three threads about him on Beckett from the past.

Take your headache medicine now so it's in effect when you get to the last two posts in this one.
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-135...age-1.html

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1433430.html
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1440607.html

Admittedly, I shouldn't have made my comment to the extreme end as there are satisfied customers out there and many have made posts. I don't doubt that there are auctions he doesn't shill. However, when one seller's name pops up in numerous places, over an extended period of time, that should tell you something. And simply going by the number of positive feedbacks received does not mean he didn't shill any of those auctions. Many people will not check. If they got the card for a price they were willing to pay anyway, I doubt they would go out of their way to inspect. I am a firm believer in the term "where there is smoke, there is fire".

I understand what you are saying - I have bought many items from him and always been satisfied with the price and the shipping/packaging. However, there have been a few items I wanted to bid on but I didn't because I could tell they were being shilled. I always check the bid history before I bid on the items. Just because he has positive feedback doesn't mean he isn't shilling his auctions.
Need the following for my 1986-1995 Barry Larkin collection
(Currently have 477/479):

88 Score Samples #72
95 UD Electric Diamond Gold #405

Please send me a PM if you have any of these!
Interested in buying any other Larkin cards that I don't have as well!!

Its always tough to know what's really going on. However with so much feedback, I wouldn't put it past bigboyd's competitors to make it *look like* he's shilling his own auctions either.

I'm not sure why people don't use snipers anyway, issues like this would be avoided.
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

ok well I won a logoman piece off this guy recently for 100.00 so I have a tough time believing the shill bidding I saved him as a fav seller already and plan to check what he has for sell often! As a buyer I am always lookin for a good deal and I do not overpay for anything so my advice to u others don't bid if u don't like this seller that just means more great wins for ME lol
[Image: KevinGarnett.jpg]

once again ebay crap! it has NOTHING to do with trading on beckett!!
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

(10-26-2011, 10:07 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: once again ebay crap! it has NOTHING to do with trading on beckett!!
This is the hobby talk baseball board, not the baseball trading board.

As far as I've known, as long as there are no links to active ebay auctions, it's fine since it is, unfortunately in my opinion, a big part of the baseball card hobby.