`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your likes/dislikes for 3 main card companies

RE: Your likes/dislikes for 3 main card companies
(10-26-2011, 05:46 PM)pbean Wrote: 1) Panini ..... great folks, love they way they interact with and support collectors ..... CS had some issues in past, but they've always come through with the product promised us Smile

Sent in damaged cards ..... replaced and returned products better than we sent in ..... can't complain with that at all Smile

Lower #d auto's ..... while it may be harder to get the player you want, long term I feel this will help BV's rather than hinder them Wink

Could use some help in the design category sometimes, but with so many different products I can see how they'll pay attention to higher end products vs. lower end products.

Score Inscriptions and Select a thing of the past, they were two great products for collectors "on a budget" Sad

2) Upper Deck ..... CS is terrible of late, lost redemptions, keep promising my redemptions will go out soon, same run around every time I call and IT'S IN STOCK !!! Sad

Don't care about college products, I watch and collect NFL teams, 2010 Exquisite was a bust imho, and since they lost their licence their book values on new products blow chunks now.

2011 base UD had way too many hits of players we've never heard of, I guess they're trying to make up for overall lack of interest.

3) Topps ..... hmmmmmm ..... where do I start lol Wink

It's great they're supporting retail, but I feel it's hurting the Mom and Pop shops by having HUGE hits in retail blasters.

2011 product has WAY TOO MANY AUTOS !!! geesh, how many cards can a player sign ??? this is killing the base RC market, and with the flood of the autos it's killing their BV's as well Sad if you don't pull a Cam or Dalton you can't give them away on the bay.

Sweet patches, but it now sets a precedent that all RC patches must be multicoloured ..... just how many jerseys do the new rookies have to wear to keep up this kind of production ???

They killed Finest over the past few years ..... it used to be a "premium" product, it's now totally run of the mill.

Topps Chrome is still the "King" ..... BV's have always held steady, and SP's are hard to come by Smile

Bowman Chrome ..... gone Sad to kill off your #2 product was just dumb imho ..... rivaled Topps Chrome for BV's and chase factor.

Zero interaction with the genpop on FB ..... this could be one of their greatest assets and I feel they totally drop the ball there Sad

Hope I didn't bore everyone too much lol
pbean
You didnt' bore me. I agree with you. I love the way Panini interacts with their fans especially on facebook. they are great. And they always answer your questions or comments. I have only had to use their customer service twice and I recieved quick and very efficent help. They have done a good job. And the biggest thing with Upper deck is their lack with License which may be leading to their other problems. I think the hobby was at its best though when we did have tons of companies to choose from for NFL products. Like in the 90's. like I said, I dont want to see anyone lose a license, I think it would be great to see Upper deck get it back and it could help the hobby. I do see the common thing on here is that we all for the most part like Topps and some of their products, but they seem to be the least liked in many other areas. If they only could do more with people and connect with us collectors instead of just producing products and having nothing to do with us maybe they would get better reviews on here.