`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any advice with this seller

Any advice with this seller
I found a 1994 Finest Will Clark refractor card I need for my Rangers PC. The guy is selling it for $89.99 with a best offer option (it auto-renewed, so I can't list the link on here).

I PM him asking why it was so high because it had a BV of about 1/6 of what his buy it now is listed as. I offered him full current BV and he declined it. This is his response:

HI, THE SO CALLED BOOK IS A JOKE. THEY ARENT EVEN
CLOSE ON SOME OF THE 90'S CARDS AS BECKETT DOESNT EVER UPDATE THERE
PRICES

Should I fire back some smart remark about how he's a joke? Or should I just let it be and not be able to add this card to my PC?

RE: Any advice with this seller
(10-24-2011, 05:30 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I found a 1994 Finest Will Clark refractor card I need for my Rangers PC. The guy is selling it for $89.99 with a best offer option (it auto-renewed, so I can't list the link on here).

I PM him asking why it was so high because it had a BV of about 1/6 of what his buy it now is listed as. I offered him full current BV and he declined it. This is his response:

HI, THE SO CALLED BOOK IS A JOKE. THEY ARENT EVEN
CLOSE ON SOME OF THE 90'S CARDS AS BECKETT DOESNT EVER UPDATE THERE
PRICES

Should I fire back some smart remark about how he's a joke? Or should I just let it be and not be able to add this card to my PC?
I would refrain from the smart remark if you hope to own the card now and not wait.

He's right anyway, the BV of many 90s inserts is very low compared to what they actually sell at. I don't know how well this particular card sells but certain sets outperform the BV.

On the other hand, if you look around and into other places besides ebay, you could find one for $14.99. Ebay has become my last resort for buying or selling these days.

find it elsewhere. i know the seller, imo not an honest fella

Some times letting it go is the best. I apologize for my remarks the other day on another thread btw. He will never sell it to you if you fire something smart back. Just live to fight another day. There may be another one one day on the bay.

(10-24-2011, 05:33 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I would refrain from the smart remark if you hope to own the card now and not wait.

He's right anyway, the BV of many 90s inserts is very low compared to what they actually sell at. I don't know how well this particular card sells but certain sets outperform the BV.

On the other hand, if you look around and into other places besides ebay, you could find one for $14.99. Ebay has become my last resort for buying or selling these days.
What are the other places you speak of? Are there other auction sites?
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

(10-24-2011, 05:48 PM)gjpoll1 Wrote: What are the other places you speak of? Are there other auction sites?
I'm sure there are other auction sites but I don't look into them. There is a vintage one that started up a few months or so back that I'm hoping eventually comes around and picks up traffic.

I know of this seller, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have a certain recreational vehicle used in wintry conditions as their ebay tag???? They are WAY overpriced and are quite rude as well. Pass on it, and find it elsewhere
[Image: WillTheThrillSig.jpg]

(10-24-2011, 06:27 PM)cheetos Wrote: I know of this seller, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have a certain recreational vehicle used in wintry conditions as their ebay tag???? They are WAY overpriced and are quite rude as well. Pass on it, and find it elsewhere
Yes is the answer to your question and you can tell by my question to him and his answer how he reacts when asked a question. Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to try and find it somwhere else.

Used to you could search for an item and then see what all traders have it. Do they still offer that? Or was it lost in translation?

(10-24-2011, 06:58 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Used to you could search for an item and then see what all traders have it. Do they still offer that? Or was it lost in translation?
I believe so, if you type in the card description you will be given a list of members who either "have/want".
[Image: WillTheThrillSig.jpg]

(10-24-2011, 07:11 PM)cheetos Wrote: I believe so, if you type in the card description you will be given a list of members who either "have/want".
There are two who have it listed as a have, one of whom is Beatles Guy. I'd recommend getting in touch with him and seeing if you can work something out.