`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PC Players....

RE: PC Players....
For me, it's every licensed Pistons card. If someone gives me an unlicensed Pistons card, I have no problem with that, but I don't purchase them or trade for them. According to Beckett, I still need 12,900+ different licensed non-1/1 cards. There are 2900+ different 1/1 cards, and I only have 3. I don't go after those unless they are for a reasonable price (plates - less than $10, non-AU/GU parallels - less than $20, other - negotiable). But to me, a $20 insert is the same as a $20 GU or $20 AU. I never plan to sell my Pistons (I sell my duplicates) cards unless I'm really really in need of some money, but even then, I'll find other ways to get money.

I'm wondering if you're asking this question for the same reason I asked myself the same question a few years ago. When I started trading and people threw in base as freebies, I started thinking that I'd only trade for inserts, parallels, rc, gu, au and the like, then people could give me the base as freebies. However, I realized I liked quantity over quality (for the stories) and therefore I decided trading a $20 GU for $50 of base is alright in my book. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

I try and go for every card of my players (excluding 1 of 1's of course - way to damn hard). With my players being reasonable affordable (except for those few Ewing Au's and the Garnett AU's), I see getting most of - if not all of their cards attainable. When it comes to serial #'ing and game-used - I'll get multiples, but only colour variations of the jersey cards.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

I'm a Wizards superfun/collector, so I try to go for not only every licensed basketball card that has a player in a Wizards uni on it, but also a little oddball stuff. McFarlane Figures, Pocket Schedules, Bobble Heads, Media such as video games and magazines (I never traded in my copy of NBA Live 08 since Gilbert Arenas is on the cover lol.), etc. As for dupes, I keep all my Wizards dupes in row boxes just in case I meet a local trader who's also a Wizards fan, and I also use some dupes for TTMing.
Collecting All Washington Wizards, PLMK what you have.

Lets see for me I try to collect any/all celtics, I have almost close to 3,000 different and I think the database shows a total of 26,000 aprox. I am still adding/putting more in so as to get a more precise #. I of course have way too many cards from all major sports as I'm only maybe added only 1/10th of the multi boxes I own. Any doubles I get as freebies or I had already go in a box.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

great topic. i am not sure what I collect anymore. I am a die hard Jordan fan and try to focus my collection around him. I am trying to build a 90's collection, along with the game used collection I started. I also buy cards that invole bird, magic, and other players i like. I buy them based on design and the importance that the player has on my all time great list I have in my mind lol. It gets very hard to collect because you like so many cards, so it comes down to price, if I like the card and it sells for the right price I buy it ( money availability is also very important).

I have chaos in my collection right now, I want to get rid of some PC to get some Jordans but it is extremely difficult> I like them all.>>>>>>>.
Will only trade with Delivery Confirmation!
[Image: BannerCards041.jpg]

http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh238...l%20Cards/

(10-21-2011, 01:30 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: I'm wondering if you're asking this question for the same reason I asked myself the same question a few years ago. When I started trading and people threw in base as freebies, I started thinking that I'd only trade for inserts, parallels, rc, gu, au and the like, then people could give me the base as freebies. However, I realized I liked quantity over quality (for the stories) and therefore I decided trading a $20 GU for $50 of base is alright in my book. Smile
The reason I'm asking is because I've notice there are some collectors who collect only certain types of cards (like patches, autos, ser. #, and/or BV). Then I find myself asking if I should just try to collect everything and go more for quality. For example, it's easy to get a Spurs GU (not numbered) over a Spurs GU /25. So, I was wondering what everyone's rules for how they collect their PC.
[Image: Banner_zpsdfc1db81.jpg]
PC Team: San Antonio Spurs
PC Players: David Robinson & Tim Duncan

I try and collect all the different cards that I can, It is hard to get them all. But I dont chase all those 1/1 cards as them see to be priced way too high for a card that is the same as 2000 other except for that the numbering. As for the other low number cards or those cards with a sweet patch, I try and get if affordable. So in the end I try and collect as much as I can for the right price. hehe
Always looking for MJ-Lebron-Wade-Durant-Hill-Wall-Cousins-Bledsoe-Patterson-Orton-Meeks-Prince-Magloire-Nazr-Mercer-McCarty-Delk-Walker-Mashburn- Football-Cobb-Conner-Tamme
[Image: sigpic2.png]

(10-22-2011, 11:26 AM)b33rman Wrote: I try and collect all the different cards that I can, It is hard to get them all. But I dont chase all those 1/1 cards as them see to be priced way too high for a card that is the same as 2000 other except for that the numbering. As for the other low number cards or those cards with a sweet patch, I try and get if affordable. So in the end I try and collect as much as I can for the right price. hehe
b33rman, I run across soo many people you collect it's crazy. I'll keep a look out next time (if I can remember, lol).
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

I try to collect pretty much all of Pierce's RCs, it's fun and not super impossible, but still hard.