`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why cant I find information?

Why cant I find information?
I have been searching various sites including Ebay and I cannot find anyone selling a 1937 O pee chee V300 Johnny Allen card? Why is this? Is it so common so as to have little value or so rare that no one wants to sell one. Any thoughts??

RE: Why cant I find information?
The set in general was limited and though not the rarest set out there, they are not the easiest to come across when looking for particular cards in the set unless you're looking for a star or a high grade version that someone is trying to flip. Being that Allen is one of the "commons" in the set, it's going to be that much more difficult to locate one, in my humble opinion anyway.

Here's a completed auction of a partial set (25/40) back in 2009 that has some info.
http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auct...9/551.html

PM on the way as well.

The quest for Pre WWII cards is tough. Add to that, that this issue is OPC, Depression era and short printed. Then it becomes almost impossible to even find any known copies in any condition.....JMO
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel

(10-22-2011, 12:19 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: The set in general was limited and though not the rarest set out there, they are not the easiest to come across when looking for particular cards in the set unless you're looking for a star or a high grade version that someone is trying to flip. Being that Allen is one of the "commons" in the set, it's going to be that much more difficult to locate one, in my humble opinion anyway.

Here's a completed auction of a partial set (25/40) back in 2009 that has some info.
http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auct...9/551.html

PM on the way as well.
Thanks...its not that I am looking for a Johnny Allen card of that season. I own one, and can't seem to get much information on its value. Prob have to take it to the city to a card grader/expert.

We aren't allowed to give out pricing but it is listed in the OPG.
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel