`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Chrome, no more

Chrome, no more
I'm done with Chrome. They just curl up over time (if they're not already that way straight out of the pack.)

Chrome is not THAT big a deal, plus it takes some of the fun out of finding a great card, because you know its in perfect condition pretty much. For me, finding a great card PLUS great condition makes it extra special (and fun.)

Why am I paying extra for a card that makes the good photo more difficult to see and appreciate?

No big deal; I'm just done.

RE: Chrome, no more
put them in a top loaded they will straighten back out. I think it has something to do with the chroming process for last years chrome. Bowman chrome did the same thing and after a while they go back flat.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I didn't really think this years chrome was that bad. I know previous years were horrible.

I thought the worst part about 2010 Chrome was the cocaine dusting it left on every single card. 2011 has been great to me so far.

2010 was horrible, this years have been fine for me too

(10-20-2011, 03:23 PM)jblaze1718 Wrote: I thought the worst part about 2010 Chrome was the cocaine dusting it left on every single card. 2011 has been great to me so far.
suddenly, i want to work at topps

(10-20-2011, 02:28 PM)waynetalger Wrote: put them in a top loaded they will straighten back out. I think it has something to do with the chroming process for last years chrome. Bowman chrome did the same thing and after a while they go back flat.

Toploaders do a fantastic job, but I don't want to make that my mandatory 'Step 2' everytime I pull one out of a pack.

I love opening packs, looking, and then walking away from my cards (without some mandatory chore I have to perform, be it now or later.)

The appeal of Chrome is still wearing off on me.

They should of packed 2010 in canisters of pringles
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]