`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Main Event Database Question...

2011 Main Event Database Question...
I just bought a blaster of Main Event at Target and pulled a All-Stars insert of Jimmie Johnson 117/199 and a Rear View Mirror insert of Tony Stewart 49/50. In the data base they just have one item listed for each of these and no numbered parallels listed. Are there no parallels and what they have listed is what I pulled?...or do they just not have the parallels up yet?

RE: 2011 Main Event Database Question...
Pretty sure that they aren't in yet since there are All-Star cards that are not numbered. Also, I think the ones that come in the "Bonus Pack" of the Blasters are going to be missing from the database - at least for now.

Ken
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

(10-19-2011, 05:54 PM)hellsbells Wrote: Pretty sure that they aren't in yet since there are All-Star cards that are not numbered. Also, I think the ones that come in the "Bonus Pack" of the Blasters are going to be missing from the database - at least for now.

Ken
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the majority of those Bonus Packs just contain a Blue Parallel/75. I haven't see a ton of them broken, but from what I pulled and what I've seen, I've only seen Blue Parallels being pulled from them.

They might be retail-only parallels. It is odd that they'd have S#'s though.
To answer this for sure, go to NUTS. PM one of the Press Pass employees who are members there. You could also ask any of the MODs/Admins there and they know exactly who to contact for the full info. That is the best answer I can give. PP IS starting to really put some confusion into their sets (retail vs. hobby differences AND same-type cards with diff. serial #'s). It really is starting to get annoying, but I'm sure you can find your answer on NUTS eventually. You'd probably find the answer there before you would here.

I'm thinking the Blue's might be retail only...but yeah they come in those 1 card bonus packs and are /75. I was surprised to get 3 numbered cards in my 1 blaster :-)

Well I was loading mine into ORG tonight and am glad we had this discussion as I rechecked and my JGR 20th card is numbered /50

I could barely see it, but noticed it is a refractor. It is also not in ORG yet.

Ken
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

(10-19-2011, 05:36 PM)slufan83 Wrote: I just bought a blaster of Main Event at Target and pulled a All-Stars insert of Jimmie Johnson 117/199 and a Rear View Mirror insert of Tony Stewart 49/50. In the data base they just have one item listed for each of these and no numbered parallels listed. Are there no parallels and what they have listed is what I pulled?...or do they just not have the parallels up yet?

From Press Pass site:

"The Wheels Main Event box blaster features:

7 packs with 5 cards in each pack
PLUS one BONUS PACK with an exclusive numbered parallel or a bonus hit from the Press Pass archives!"

here is press pass' checklist:

http://www.presspassinc.com/uploads/news/files/me11.pdf

Gotcha....so I'm guessing the "Archives" is probably a buy back hit? I think I've seen some hobby box breaks where they pulled older race used or autos from a previous wheels product. I'm sure in retail those are few and far between, but pretty cool idea.

(10-20-2011, 09:35 AM)slufan83 Wrote: Gotcha....so I'm guessing the "Archives" is probably a buy back hit? I think I've seen some hobby box breaks where they pulled older race used or autos from a previous wheels product. I'm sure in retail those are few and far between, but pretty cool idea.

Yup, the one article I read had all the cards broke and this was the bonus pack card:

"Ryan Newman Under Cover Car Cover Memorabila Card 3/140"
This card is from 2006 Press Pass Eclipse