`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
would you do this trade?

RE: would you do this trade?
I actually disagree. You can by Pujols like this for somewhere between $150-175. The Harper is bringing $200-$220 on ebay. I'd say sell the Harper and buy a nicer Pujols you like. The Highlights isn't all that appealing. Just my thoughts. Everyone acts like a Pujols auto is gold, but they are a dime a dozen. The only reason most don't have one is the price tag. The Harper carries a higher tag at the moment. I'd have sold the Harper as I said and bought a nicer Pujols then the Highlights.

Another thing, your Harper in your words was MINT. Graded it brings even more and its off-season so you had plenty of time to get it graded and Pujols autos would be a bit cheaper at this time of year as well.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

with the new bowman chrome out now the harper will go down and that pujols is a very rare pull, the harper was a double i had, i pulled 2 redemption auto's of him but took awhile for the other to get here because when i scratch off the back i took part of the code with it so had to send it in
some old beckett ref
bgt master of tikid,rob167,phillyfan0417,tulsan,dpanthers,mighty bombjack,ccolwell,bigmack2001,jimmyjam1973

HOF PC COLLECTION NFT UNLESS I ASK
http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q182/...E%20VAULT/

Harper cards will only plummet if he doesn't make it in the big leagues.

I'd take the Pujols all day long.. just the fact its numbered out of 25.. what was the Harper print run? Kids cards are way overhyped and the BV is going to drop soon enough to a more realistic number. Even though that particular Pujols is not the most eye appealing its still a better card and you could probably trade it for another Pujols auto with more visual appeal down the road.

I'm sort of on the fence on this one. I look at it this way. I like to have at least 1 copy of a card i.e. RC cards of players. So I if have a double I have no problem trading it. An auto is a different story. You have a Harper that no doubt you could sell right now and get a decent chunk of money & trading for a Pujols auto is certainty enticing. However if it was me and this was the ONLY Harper auto I had I would probably keep it. It's way to early to make a verdict on this guy and yes I don't believe so much hype should be put on players like this but it is what it is. Every now and again a thread pops up going along the lines of "man I wish I never traded/sold that Pujols Auto RC for nothing back in the day". Bottom line is I would just hold on it and if in 15 years from now you sell it for 50 - 100 bucks than it's not really much of a loss.
[Image: fgdfdgdfgdfgdf.jpg]
CARD COUNT: (Met cards - 15655)      (Piazza - 1610)      (Wright - 759)

i had 2 harper bowman auto's, i have one in my pc vault and the one i got in was the one i use as tradebait, to make a long story short i pulled both redemptions from 2 blister boxes i got at walmart, the one i redemm online i got in 3 weeks,this one took over 3 months but anyways i am happy with the trade i got a pujols auto/jersey #d/25 and a topps brandon belt auto
some old beckett ref
bgt master of tikid,rob167,phillyfan0417,tulsan,dpanthers,mighty bombjack,ccolwell,bigmack2001,jimmyjam1973

HOF PC COLLECTION NFT UNLESS I ASK
http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q182/...E%20VAULT/

^^^ Then is was a win/win situation Smile Glad your happy with the deal.
[Image: fgdfdgdfgdfgdf.jpg]
CARD COUNT: (Met cards - 15655)      (Piazza - 1610)      (Wright - 759)

I think you did the right thing, it was /25 and you got a Belt auto, too. Maybe Belt will be even better than Harper eventually
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(10-19-2011, 03:26 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: Everyone acts like a Pujols auto is gold, but they are a dime a dozen.
I have a dime. I would one dozen Pujols autos please.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(10-20-2011, 10:20 AM)zeprock Wrote: I have a dime. I would like one dozen Pujols autos please.
+1 Big Grin