`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do with 'worthless' cards

RE: What do you do with 'worthless' cards
That's too bad. If you don't want them give them to kids in your neighborhood, donate them to a local childrens hospital or VFW hall who can send them to our troops. There are a million things you can do with unwanted cards that are better than throwing them out.

As a dealer we see the value in these cards as set builders want them and for every bust that never makes it out of AA there are still fans of that player in his hometown or that he went to college with etc that still collect that player.

Guys you have to quit trashing these cards. I have 3 kids that die for this stuff. I also know another trader who would likely pay shipping to get these for his grand kids. This is an insult to the hobby and the set builders and team collectors out there. Start posting and share those with people who need/want them.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I filled two large USPS priority boxes and donated them to a local hospital. They put them in the childrens play rooms and young kids will look through them and pull out teams they like or whatnot. It's stuff like this that will help keep the card industry alive. Even if you just send an email to a local hospital and let them know, most will send someone by to pick them up if you don't want to be "hassled" in driving to them. Instead of dumping them in the trash, keep a box near where you rip and put them in the box, when you fill one up, hand it off to someone that will truely enjoy what it means to be a young fan.
[Image: BECKETTBanner.jpg]
Trading for: Baseball Rookie Collection NEEDS | Frank Thomas | Ben Tate | Hideo Nomo | Ken Griffey Jr. (SEA uni) | Current Texans
*Wants marked as such* *NOT CURRENTLY TRADING*

Heck the Salvation Army will take them as a donation. You can even use them as a tax write off if you are of the age that you pay taxes.

Everyone trashing cards. Send them my way. My 5yr old would love them.

With most of mine- I turn them into posters for the kids room. Did that with a the 2011 topps base i have 10x of each card.lol
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

Somebody on here collects Sean Burroughs. You can trade with set collectors. Donating them to hospitals, YMCA's, schools, etc. is a great idea.

(10-19-2011, 02:18 PM)PadresFan86 Wrote: I know what you mean. I bought about 12 auto,gu,rc cards of Sean Burroughs when everybody was billing him to be the next Tony Gwynn. WHAT A JOKE!!! I forgot I even have them and ended up selling them for about 10 bucks all together. I'm just glad someone bought that BUM's cards from me. Maybe someone bought them because he made it to the playoffs this year.

(10-19-2011, 07:11 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: I keep all my rookies and prospects but any base veteran cards that aren't Yankees or Cowboys go in the trash. Sure I could donate them or give them away to kids or what not but it's just easier to reach over and trash them
Why do you keep Cowboys cards?????

(10-19-2011, 10:23 PM)natejeffries Wrote: Somebody on here collects Sean Burroughs.
That's amazing.

(10-19-2011, 11:13 PM)PadresFan86 Wrote: That's amazing.
Not at all. In the last week we sold 63 different Kijana Carter cards to a collector in Ohio. Who knows, could have been a Penn State fan, someone who knew him growing up or just a fan. Point is, all players have fans if you know where to look and that includes the 25th man on the Columbus Clippers roster who is probably a town hero in podunk Oklahoma where he played in high school.

(10-19-2011, 11:48 PM)fpcards Wrote: Not at all. In the last week we sold 63 different Kijana Carter cards to a collector in Ohio. Who knows, could have been a Penn State fan, someone who knew him growing up or just a fan. Point is, all players have fans if you know where to look and that includes the 25th man on the Columbus Clippers roster who is probably a town hero in podunk Oklahoma where he played in high school.
very true!
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]