`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions make a roster move....

RE: Lions make a roster move....
(10-18-2011, 05:24 PM)nthnoak Wrote: the lions need to upgrade their defensive line. gore made them look like little girls this week.
HA. That's a funny joke. The Lions have had troubles stopping the run, but the front 4 isn't the problem.

ALso the O Line isn't even bad. Best isn't a guy who can run between the hashes. Leshoure is, and losing him hurts bad. Brown will be a nice back for the Lions. Best will still get his touches.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

(10-18-2011, 05:57 PM)baycitysfinest Wrote: Need to upgrade the Line???? Arguably the best line in football!?

It is that damned "Wide 9" system they and the Eagles run. Allows for runningbacks to run wild if the linebackers don't play well.
just saying. they have allowed 777 yards on the ground so far through 6 games. ranked 26th in the league against the rush.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

Jahvid best has done well so far. I do not know about a stagnant run game.

ATT YDS AVG LONG TD
84 390 4.6 88 2

(10-18-2011, 06:43 PM)nthnoak Wrote: just saying. they have allowed 777 yards on the ground so far through 6 games. ranked 26th in the league against the rush.
But the D Line isn't the problem. It's once the RB gets to the second level, they go longer. Most RB that gets to the second level gets like 5-7 yards, against the Lions, it is 25-35.

Jahvid hasn't been great either.

ATT YDS AVG LONG TD
84 390 4.6 88 2

Take away one game, it is like 73 for 240 yards 3.1 average and one touch.
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun

Not sure why everyone loves Ronnie so much...can't say that he's a good enough back to carry an entire team. He couldn't manage it at Auburn and he couldn't do it in Miami.

Best is still the best option in Detroit...
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(10-18-2011, 07:51 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: Not sure why everyone loves Ronnie so much...can't say that he's a good enough back to carry an entire team. He couldn't manage it at Auburn and he couldn't do it in Miami.

Leshoure would be, but Best isn't bad if he'd stop getting hurt. a shotgun 2 back set with Leshoure/Best will be awesome though
Always gone Thur-Sun

(10-18-2011, 07:51 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: Not sure why everyone loves Ronnie so much...can't say that he's a good enough back to carry an entire team. He couldn't manage it at Auburn and he couldn't do it in Miami.

hey, it's better than what we have now Sad concerned about Jahvid's health and "durability" Sad

I'm actually kinda glad he got traded. He should fit in perfect with Best and former Auburn alumn Fairley(Not that that actually matters but it makes me happy)

But I wouldn't touch the Lions D-Line. Two weeks ago they didn't let Jay Cutler even set his feet. I mean he was literally throwing the ball while falling backwards. They remind me of a stout SEC Defense manhandling non-SEC offense.

He's not good enough to carry an entire team, but he should fit perfectly with a speedy back who can't carry through the tackles. The Lions need a 3rd down back that can run out the clock, which should help Stafford and Jumbo from having to pick-up first downs with a 10 point lead late in the 4th. Best had a great game two weeks ago, but I don't think anyone believes he can be an every down back. And Leshour should be able to be that player next year, but I'm pretty sure Lions fans want to win this year, which is why they are happy.

The reason he didn't carry Auburn by himself is because Cadillac was the star. The one year Cadillac was hurt Brown had over a 1,000 yards and 900 in '04 while splitting carries.
[Image: scan0058-2-1.jpg][/URL]
[Image: scan0049-1_zpsa96ce2c3.jpg][/URL]