IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Carson Palmer to DA RAIDERS!

RE: Carson Palmer to DA RAIDERS!
haha good one gottabe

(10-18-2011, 10:43 PM)gottabe Wrote: A Bears fan talking about grass stains and turf... I guess it's appropriatte considering where his QB spends half of his day...lol
i would know huh? 33 QB starters since 1977... i can talk..the Bears QB's have always sucked..i would kill to get Palmer...your line sucks as bad as ours and you cant admit it...only thing is the bears will get better..we get backs and blockers...Bungles not so much, cuz y'all get WR's and QB's year after year with nobody to block...nice..where is Anthony Munoz anyway?
Smile
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

(10-18-2011, 11:04 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: i would know huh? 33 QB starters since 1977... i can talk..the Bears QB's have always sucked..i would kill to get Palmer...your line sucks as bad as ours and you cant admit it...only thing is the bears will get better..we get backs and blockers...Bungles not so much, cuz y'all get WR's and QB's year after year with nobody to block...nice..where is Anthony Munoz anyway?
Smile
I am not a huge Cutler fan...but he has impressed the crap out of me the past couple games....he is extending plays...and with Matt Forte playing out of his mind its only going to make the passing game better....I gotta go with you on this one....I see the Bears getting a lot better in the next few games let along the next few seasons...as far as Cincy is concerned,Dalton and Green both look really good early on...but its way to soon to write them in as career stars. They do need a line BAD...Not only is Dalton already having to extend lots of plays...the run game just doesn't exist.

They waaaaaaayyy over paid. Cincy got a lot in return. KNowing the injury history of Carson and his age and declining numbers....ugggggg. They lost in this trade. They had Pryor. There are other free agents to hold them off or possibly could have gone for Mcnabb for like a 6th rounder. Bad trade I think.

Patriots 11 sacks 8 picks
Saints 11/8
Packers 12/4
Lions 11/4
Steelers 18/6
Ravens 10/4
Dalton 11 sacks 5 picks
Cutler 19 sacks 4 picks
St. Louis 22/2
Seattle 20/5
Atlanta 15/6
Jets 15/5

I think our line right now can hold up to the "Big Boys"..We just blanked Freeney and Mathis and Whitworth has only given up one sack in three years to the Steeler's and Ravens That's 6 games! Could the line use an improvement, sure..but it's far from broken. Having been a Bengals fan for 40 years, I know what crap looks like and this isn't it.
If you want to trade, I need DC and a padded mailer at a minimum. Rarely do I collect or trade for anything other than Bengals/Jaguars and some Cowboys.
http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w291/...0Football/

(10-19-2011, 08:46 AM)gottabe Wrote: Patriots 11 sacks 8 picks
Saints 11/8
Packers 12/4
Lions 11/4
Steelers 18/6
Ravens 10/4
Dalton 11 sacks 5 picks
Cutler 19 sacks 4 picks
St. Louis 22/2
Seattle 20/5
Atlanta 15/6
Jets 15/5

I think our line right now can hold up to the "Big Boys"..We just blanked Freeney and Mathis and Whitworth has only given up one sack in three years to the Steeler's and Ravens That's 6 games! Could the line use an improvement, sure..but it's far from broken. Having been a Bengals fan for 40 years, I know what crap looks like and this isn't it.
dude dont lie to yourself. OUR teams SUCK... and will until mgmt has some balls to do something to win..we will forever suck
deal with it..you got rid of the best thing to happen to the Bungles since Ickey Woods
shame
Smile
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

I'm really happy!!! Carson Palmer gets to play again and the Bengals made out awesome with 2 really high picks. I never thought the Bengals would get a 2nd round offer for Palmer let alone possibly 2 1st rounders. The Raiders really overpaid, but they had to, to get him. Mike Brown was more than happy to let Palmer rot in retirement than give in to his trade demands. I guess I'll have to stop talking bad about Brown, because it actually looked like he knew what he was doing on this one. Shocking! Smile

Of course, if he blows those picks on bums, which wouldn't shock me, I'll start yapping about what a crappy owner/GM he is. Lol.

I agree with chibearsboy. We need to invest one of those picks on a true left tackle. Andrew Whitworth is a solid left tackle, but he'd be a dominant pro bowl player if he was at guard. He's a monster. The run game would benefit from him being inside, because I have faith that he could move any DT off the line. Maybe not Suh, because he's just scary and mean, but anyone else.

I do feel bad for Raiders fans. I'd be ticked if it was the other way around. This trade only looks good for the Raiders if Palmer returns to 2005 form, and I just don't see it happening. You never know though, maybe the time off, the change of scenery, and being part of traditionally winning franchise will help him recapture some of his early success.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

(10-18-2011, 09:12 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: me too. i think he will love it even if he has no Raider love..
i think it will work out NICELY. Palmer has game,Cincin had NO sak to get a line for him.. NONE. shotty management...no line,no QB
simple

Dalton will have grass stains on his back and turf in the facemask like palmer did...use the draft picks and get a line.
Smile
That is EXACTLY what I was thinking.
http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x428/Kylebucksfan/
Collecting Andy Dalton, Tyler Eifert, Jermaine Gresham and Bengals

[Image: Bengalsnightbanner_zps050bbaf3.jpg]

(10-19-2011, 12:31 PM)nineof Wrote: I'm really happy!!! Carson Palmer gets to play again and the Bengals made out awesome with 2 really high picks. I never thought the Bengals would get a 2nd round offer for Palmer let alone possibly 2 1st rounders. The Raiders really overpaid, but they had to, to get him. Mike Brown was more than happy to let Palmer rot in retirement than give in to his trade demands. I guess I'll have to stop talking bad about Brown, because it actually looked like he knew what he was doing on this one. Shocking! Smile

Of course, if he blows those picks on bums, which wouldn't shock me, I'll start yapping about what a crappy owner/GM he is. Lol.

I agree with chibearsboy. We need to invest one of those picks on a true left tackle. Andrew Whitworth is a solid left tackle, but he'd be a dominant pro bowl player if he was at guard. He's a monster. The run game would benefit from him being inside, because I have faith that he could move any DT off the line. Maybe not Suh, because he's just scary and mean, but anyone else.

I do feel bad for Raiders fans. I'd be ticked if it was the other way around. This trade only looks good for the Raiders if Palmer returns to 2005 form, and I just don't see it happening. You never know though, maybe the time off, the change of scenery, and being part of traditionally winning franchise will help him recapture some of his early success.
Dead on man...except you forgot to mention the only guy in the NFL thats a bigger beast at DT than Suh...Haloti Ngata! Or maybe I am just Biased lol.
Either way....I hope to see the Bengals make good on their new picks....I know what its like to draft crappy (being a Dolphin fan)