`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 NY Yankees

RE: 2012 NY Yankees
(10-18-2011, 07:30 AM)fulltritty Wrote: The Yankees need to trade away Teixeira as his average keeps going down and he can no longer hit in the playoffs. Get some good pitching prospects and a young 3B. Give A-Rod one more year to see if he is healthy and returns to form. If not, trade him before the 2013 season. Then they need to sign Pujols or Fielder for 1B. My guess is they would have a better shot at Fielder since his Dad was a Yankee. Re-sign CC when he opts out for more money and sign CJ Wilson to add to Hughes, Burnett, and Nova. Have Montero be the DH from the beginning of the season and see if he can learn from Girardi and Martin to take over the every day catching job in 2013. If not, there are plenty of good catching prospects beneath him to step in.
I do not see them moving A-Roid, Nobody is dumb enough to pick up that contract. So you will have him until he retires. Prince and his dad do not get along so I doubt he will go to the Yankees just to follow in his dads foot steps, however I could see him as their DH. I could see Fielder going to the cubs, as for Pujols I do not think there is a winning team that will outbid the Cardinals. Pujols will not go to just any team because of the money, he has to go to a team that will contend. IMO.

I'd LOVE to see Fielder at 3rd...just have him lay down every time there's a hot ground ball
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Yankees already picked up options for Cano (no brainer) and Swisher. Hopefully CC accepts the Yankees offer that went to him over the weekend.

Add CC to the list now. It was nice that he said he wanted to retire a Yankee and now this deal will ensure that.

yeah as much as I love Fielder there is zero chance he ends up in New York nor should he. The Yankees offense is pretty much set for the next few years to come. They can't afford to lock up the DH spot to one specific person because there are going to be stretches where A-Rod or Tex are going to need a break from the field and when they aren't DH'ing it will likely be Montero especially if they call up Romine to catch full time.

Yankees need to focus on pitching and thank you jesus they got C.C. taken care of quick and didn't let that thing get drawn out and ugly. They get Joba back early in the season and maybe the surgery will make him better than he was although he won't ever be a starter again I don't think he's primarily a bullpen guy now with Hughes possibly getting the 5th rotation spot. So as of now it looks like C.C., Burnett, Nova, Hughes, and I think they bring back Garcia or trade for another starter.

So basically what you saw this year is what you are going to get next year minus Posada. Andruw Jones I thought was a great addition to the team this year and gave us nice pop off the bench and I for one would like to see him back in that same role.

The problem the Yankees have are a good portion of their star power is getting old and just aren't able to hold up over a complete season. A-Rod and Tex always miss time and we even saw Jeter miss more time than he's used to this year but they are owed a lot of money that can't be moved so they are kinda stuck with them. I personally can't wait until A-Rod and Tex come off the books and hopefully we can be smart about our next options at those positions and stay away from the $200 million / 10 yr. plus contracts to overpriced and over hyped guys. Before 2009 all those Yankees championships in the 90's and 2000 they won with guys like Scott Brosius and Wade Boggs at 3B and Tino Martinez at 1B and those are the kind of guys they need to go back to signing.

(10-18-2011, 07:30 AM)fulltritty Wrote: The Yankees need to trade away Teixeira as his average keeps going down and he can no longer hit in the playoffs. Get some good pitching prospects and a young 3B. Give A-Rod one more year to see if he is healthy and returns to form. If not, trade him before the 2013 season. Then they need to sign Pujols or Fielder for 1B. My guess is they would have a better shot at Fielder since his Dad was a Yankee. Re-sign CC when he opts out for more money and sign CJ Wilson to add to Hughes, Burnett, and Nova. Have Montero be the DH from the beginning of the season and see if he can learn from Girardi and Martin to take over the every day catching job in 2013. If not, there are plenty of good catching prospects beneath him to step in.
I agree with everything except keep Teixeira and trade A-Rod. Teixeira batting avg. is dropping but his defense is par to none. I would sign Pujols to play 3rd base.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

I just read on the Yankees site that Girardi is contemplating moving Cano permanently to the #3 spot and moving Tex to 5th. Tex is aboard as he believes he will get more RBI chances there. He is also working on his left-handed swing this off-season as he admits he was having problems.

Hmm...
I don't think an appreciating Yankees fan would say, "Get rid of Posada."