`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Another outbid on Ebay

RE: Another outbid on Ebay
(10-18-2011, 10:49 AM)djohn Wrote: Getting outbid at the last second is just part of the game with eBay. What I hate is that I was outbid on a rare (1 of 1) card and with 10 seconds to go I went to rebid, but eBay had logged me off so I had to log back in and by the time it logged me back in the auction ended. I was willing to pay double what the card sold for, but due to eBay's policy of hiding the winning bidder's info I couldn't contact the winning bidder to see if he wanted to sell and double his money. I even tried contacting the seller to see if they would put me in touch with the buyer or see if they could work out a deal to sell the card to me and compensate the buyer, however they said no. Now I am stuck wondering if I will ever see the card up for auction again. That was definitely the worst auction I ever lost.
I don't know how long ago it was that this happened but if you check the sellers feedback, both received and given, you might be able to locate the winning bidder of the item that way. If he's a very active seller it might be a pain combing through everything but if you really want it, probably won't hurt to dedicate 10-15 minutes to it.

(10-18-2011, 05:04 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I don't know how long ago it was that this happened but if you check the sellers feedback, both received and given, you might be able to locate the winning bidder of the item that way. If he's a very active seller it might be a pain combing through everything but if you really want it, probably won't hurt to dedicate 10-15 minutes to it.
It was over a month ago, and the seller is very active. I did check and there was no feedback left yet for that sale. I think I will check back every week to see if the buyer is just lazy with giving feedback. Thanks for the info, as it might come in handy in the future.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(10-18-2011, 05:17 PM)djohn Wrote: It was over a month ago, and the seller is very active. I did check and there was no feedback left yet for that sale. I think I will check back every week to see if the buyer is just lazy with giving feedback. Thanks for the info, as it might come in handy in the future.
did you check both the feedback they have received and the feedback they left for others?
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(10-18-2011, 08:06 PM)johnxgodfree Wrote: did you check both the feedback they have received and the feedback they left for others?
No, I only checked the feedback received. Sure enough it was there in feedback left. THANKS a bunch for pointing that out. I am going to see if the buyer will respond. THANKS AGAIN!
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(10-19-2011, 11:27 AM)djohn Wrote: No, I only checked the feedback received. Sure enough it was there in feedback left. THANKS a bunch for pointing that out. I am going to see if the buyer will respond. THANKS AGAIN!
no problem Wink I have been able to contact a few people that way in the past, still has yet to work out to let me buy anything from anyone after the fact but makes me feel better to at least let them know I'd be interested if they do wanna move it down the road!
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors