`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Balelo appears on Ebay

Mark Balelo appears on Ebay
Anyone ever watch storage wars & seen the episodes where Mark Balelo shows up with his man purse and bids up every auction to rediculous prices??
LOL apparently he's on ebay now and is going after Irbe cards since I posted my wantlist on here. its nuts the prices some of these cards are suddenly rocketing up to. Its fine by me, cause while im a die hard, im not a brain dead. if ya run the price up ill gladly stick u with the high price & pull a dave hestor on you...

$76 for a #'d/40 Irbe jersey card?? YIKES!!!! $40-$50 for parallel's that arent even auto or mem. cards, wtf...?? Yea Ill just wait til the card pops up again in another few months then break the bank...

Bidding/buying had been great, then all the sudden BAM, through the roof.
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

RE: Mark Balelo appears on Ebay
do you have a bid on them, so you will know the person who wins ID?
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

(10-15-2011, 10:10 PM)bonnev659 Wrote: do you have a bid on them, so you will know the person who wins ID?
You can check who won even without bidding on them if they are on your watch list. Theres new ID's that have been popping up on the cards. usually its the same 4-5 guys bidding on irbes. theres been bout 4 new ones that have showed up on the cards that have thru the roof prices. So im guessing its 2nd accounts raising prices on some of them. Like I said tho, if your willing to pay that price, have at it, Ill just wait for the next one to pop up. Or if its 2nd accounts purposely rasing prices, Ill jus wait til the card is relisted.

You should report it to eBay. They'll at least look into it and if they're bidding it up, they'll spot it. If not, they'll just ignore it.
Jaromir Jagr Collector

Jaromir Jagr Collection with scans - http://www.NHLsnipers.com/jaromir-jagr-collection

My Hockey Website - http://www.NHLsnipers.com

(10-17-2011, 12:56 AM)NHLsnipers Wrote: You should report it to eBay. They'll at least look into it and if they're bidding it up, they'll spot it. If not, they'll just ignore it.
Its not worth reporting, cause there is no REAL way to prove such actions. example, say I list something, then with a 2nd account I bid it up hoping someone will trump me and they dont. whos to complain? the guy that lost? all the main listing account has to say is he paid any way except paypal, ala check, cash MO etc. then you just relist the card "Oh I got another one"... People have been doing is for years and there is no way around it except to know when to stop & stick it on em...

They will stop it if the person with 2 accounts is dumb enough to use the same IP address. otherwise yeah no way to stop them. Or you're just getting paraniod from watching too much tv.

(10-17-2011, 04:52 AM)irbecards32 Wrote: Its not worth reporting, cause there is no REAL way to prove such actions. example, say I list something, then with a 2nd account I bid it up hoping someone will trump me and they dont. whos to complain? the guy that lost? all the main listing account has to say is he paid any way except paypal, ala check, cash MO etc. then you just relist the card "Oh I got another one"... People have been doing is for years and there is no way around it except to know when to stop & stick it on em...
I have reported a bunch of times ebay schillers... nothing much is done besides once in a while one of the sellers might be gone but once a seller reaches X feedback.. it is hard to get them the boot i think, as ebay values all those fees

(10-17-2011, 06:44 AM)bonnev659 Wrote: I have reported a bunch of times ebay schillers... nothing much is done besides once in a while one of the sellers might be gone but once a seller reaches X feedback.. it is hard to get them the boot i think, as ebay values all those fees
The problem is ebay collects twice on auctions wins once for the listing fee and the second time for the pay pal transaction. So they love those volume sellers.
[Image: testcopy.jpg]
2010-11 Dominion Base 86/230
2011-12 Artifacts 183/242
2011-12 UD Series 1 250/250
2011-12 Canvas 83/120
Bucket

(10-18-2011, 08:06 PM)reelins Wrote: The problem is ebay collects twice on auctions wins once for the listing fee and the second time for the pay pal transaction. So they love those volume sellers.
yea i know... hence why i will never ever sell on them

(10-18-2011, 08:13 PM)bonnev659 Wrote: yea i know... hence why i will never ever sell on them
I noticed the same thing happening on the Theo Fleury cards recently. Crazy prices.

I checked out one of the bidders that I noticed was all over the place boosting bids too crazy height 6 days before the end of the auctions. Some of them on 3 or 4 copies of the same card.

His profile said he had made 90 bids on 60 different cards in the last 30 days, I think it was more like 10 days from what I could tell.

Crazyness!!

PC: Theo Fleury cards 728 / 1452 50.1%

Project: 1996-97 Leaf Limited Gold 58/90

PC site
http://ultimatetheofleurycollection.weebly.com/

Traders Site
http://flamesfansince91traders.weebly.com/