`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so the wife might kill me.

so the wife might kill me.
just spent the most we have ever spent on a card..... a card that before I had found a venters for sale... decided I definitely wanted to pick it up..not thinking it would sell for more than about $40 if they popped up... so one pops up and instantly jumped up to around $30 and looking through completed auctions even the worst of the players featured from the series are selling for $50+ decided it would be too rich for our blood and I would sadly just not try to go for the card and give up on that venters card.

so it hovers up to around $65 at this point I'm definitely out. keep going back and forth on if I want to even try to pick it up now or at another point.

soooo with 5 minutes left to go on the auction and it still at 67 decide "well if i can snipe it for $75 I'll grab it....."

seconds tick down...watching....waiting...watching.... 3 seconds... $74.55....screen refreshes.. you won for $74.55 (45 cents from my limit!)

so we pick up our first jumbo patch we own, and a venters none the less. really have went back and forth on what I think of these, a few times this week. but I think most of it was if I felt I could justify paying for it. screw it! I like it! just wish they were not workout jerseys. his first jumbo patch regardless

between this and the gold canary incoming, pretty excited!

#1 of 6

anyone got a doghouse I can borrow though? Smile
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

RE: so the wife might kill me.
lol, grats!! You can always sell Plasma!
[Image: WillTheThrillSig.jpg]

Haha! Too funny. Imagine spending $700 on a Dimaggio "Yankee Chipper" Sweet Spot Auto.
The wife was happy only after I bought her a Coach Legacy Satchel Handbag.

Shoot pretty much the rest of my Jeter cards I want will cost almost $70.00 for each from what I can see. A few will be $30 but mostly $70.00 and above. With one looking like the cheapest I can find so far being $5000.00 and another being a little over $1500.00. I will have to wait on the $5000.00 card but the $1500.00 card I am working on making the money for $900.00 made $650.00 to go.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(10-14-2011, 08:48 PM)juda7 Wrote: Haha! Too funny. Imagine spending $700 on a Dimaggio "Yankee Chipper" Sweet Spot Auto.
This is how I started collecting again. My wife gave me $500 to buy cards if I gave her the Coach purse. DEAL!!! I still think mine was money well spent and hers was a waste. Smile
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Dude, $75 isn't bad at all. A box would cost more than that & you got a card that your not guaranteed to get in a $90 box. Congrats & it was worth it!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

I'm pretty happy with it Wink I joke about the killing part she is actually the one that pressures me into "overspending" on some cards I like I think she kinda knew I would end up getting one of these since I kept talking about it... that is how I look at it above too.. we don't buy boxes precisely for that reason. we don't have a huge budget for cards, I get the itch a lot for picking up a box or two... but figure we might as well just drop the cash and get exactly what we want.

and chris, I don't envy the rest of your task Wink mirror gold being one of those? fortunately for me even if it popped up I think the worst I might possibly spend at this point on any particular Venters Card would be somewhere around $200 +/- (2008 bowman chrome superfractor...if it ever surfaces)

Maddux on the other hand is a whole 'nother story.

luckily the wife is a braves fan, and has her own collection we keep as well as "dual collecting" venters together
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

Nice card! Good pick up
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Very nice, I would love to own that card
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

(10-14-2011, 08:48 PM)juda7 Wrote: Haha! Too funny. Imagine spending $700 on a Dimaggio "Yankee Chipper" Sweet Spot Auto.
Ouch!!!!!!