`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which 5 would you get graded?

Which 5 would you get graded?
I have a certificate to get 5 cards graded for free. Just wanted to get some other input on which 5 you would choose.

1964 Topps #300 Hank Aaron
1979 Topps #116 Ozzie Smith
1982 Fleer #176 Cal Ripken
1994 Classic Cream of the Crop #C11 Alex Rodriguez
1996 Ultra Thunderclap #17 Cal Ripken
1998 Zenith Z-Team Gold #7 Derek Jeter
2001 Upper Deck Minors Centennial #1 Joe Mauer
2005 Bowman Chrome Refractors #331 Justin Verlander
2005 Sweet Spot Signatures Red Stitch Black Ink #JV Justin Verlander/350
2007 Bowman Sterling Prospects #JB Jay Bruce

[Image: graded1.jpg]

[Image: graded2.jpg]

[Image: graded3.jpg]
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

RE: Which 5 would you get graded?
I always love vintage stuff graded...and of course I'm an Ozzie fan so Ozzie and Aaron I would grade for sure, and probably the fleer Ripken. After that, probably the Verlander bowman auto because those are popular graded. And for number 5, I'm undecided. Maybe the Jeter.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

Judging by the pictures I would only get the Ripken RC and Thunder Clap graded. The A-Rod classic card might be worth sending in as well, but I can't tell if there is a surface scratch by his hat or if it's just a scanner mark. The Mauer and Bruce don't look too bad, but I don't know what the centering should be on those. The Aaron looks like there is a crease in the upper left corner. The Ozzie has some slight corner and edge wear and some surface spots, plus off center at least 70/30. The Verlander cards and Jeter are all off center at least 60/40.
However it really depends on why you want to get them graded. Personally I don't like sending cards to get graded unless they look like they will come back at least an 8, unless they are big money vintage cards where even a mid to low grade is worth more than a non-graded version.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I don't think a perfectly centered 79 Ozzie exists. 6.5 is about an average grade for that card. If your intent is to sell, then go with the better condition cards that are rare. But if they're all PC cards I'd just go with your favorites.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

Any other opinions?
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

I would
Cal, BC Verlander, SS Verlander, Bruce, Jeter.

The ozzie looks to have soft corners.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]