`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ozzie Smith and other recent PC pickups

Ozzie Smith and other recent PC pickups
Hey all, just wanted to share some of my recent pickups. It's always fun looking at other people's new cards, so I thought I'd do the same. Some are ebay pickups, some trades and thanks to the traders who helped me out! First some non-Ozzie PC cards:

[Image: cardspc2.jpg]
Motte's been one of my favorites since last year, I have 2 of his autos but I think I might collect more of him. Vina's not in a Cardinal uniform but he was one of my favorites when he was on the team. Busby pitched only like 80 innings in the majors, but who doesn't like autos from their favorite team?

[Image: cardspc.jpg]
Motte and Descalso are guys I want to collect more of. Love the Marquee but there's some out there with patches, I'd like to get one of those.

[Image: zobrist.jpg]
I'm a closet (guess I've come out?) Rays fan, so I keep nice Rays that I pull, and this card was cheap and has a nice patch. I couldn't resist. Now on to the Ozzies:

[Image: ozziepc.jpg]
The diamond I pulled from my Update box, always nice to pull your player! The bottom left is a porcelain reprint of his RC. I don't know a lot about it, but its hand numbered/1000. It was in a big lot of Ozzies, a surprise and maybe the best card in the lot. Middle-right is from the Franklin Caramel set, which I love. They're a full sized tobacco-style set from 1989.

[Image: ozziepc2.jpg]
Black bat barrel is serial number 1 (Ozzies jersey), unfortunately not mint as the scan shows but it was a pretty good price. DK auto/dual is numbered/25. And now my new favorite card:

[Image: ozziesterling.jpg]
2009 Sterling, numbered/10. Beautiful card, and the photo is from Ozzie's Topps Traded card.

Up next I'd like to get some rare 90's inserts, of course a few more autos and work on my Jason Motte and Daniel Descalso PC. Thanks for looking!
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

RE: Ozzie Smith and other recent PC pickups
Nice stuff, I may have some Motte and other Cardinal auto's you may be interested in. I am looking for low to med range Pujols in return. Shoot me an offer if you see anything

The Wizard has such a sweet sig. Very nice cards, thanks!
It does no good to get on the right track if you are headed in the wrong direction.
[img]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af111/baseballmason1958/st_louis_ca
rdinals_towel-1.jpg[/img]

(10-14-2011, 04:22 PM)baseballmason Wrote: The Wizard has such a sweet sig. Very nice cards, thanks!
I agree...You can actually read it, unlike most athletes (and my sig as well I suppose).

love the bat barrell, nice collection
[Image: WillTheThrillSig.jpg]

I could use an ozzie GU if you are interested in parting with one. NIce pickups
Collecting Hall of Fame Players; rookie card, auto, and memorabilia for each member if available
ABC Sportscards online store - http://abcsportscards.mysimplestore.com/

(10-16-2011, 10:54 AM)eharris3abc Wrote: I could use an ozzie GU if you are interested in parting with one. NIce pickups
Probably not unless it was for a nice Cardinals auto or the trade is in my favor for some trade bait. He is the focus of my collection, after all. Big Grin

Ozzie was my favorite player growing up. I met him once at a card show when I was 9 or 10. I was so nervous when I reached across to hand him my card I knocked over his water. It spilled on Frank White sitting next to him. When Frank looked over (a little ticked), Ozzie took the blame and then told me not to worry about it. I will never forget that! Great cards!

Great pick-ups, dl! I actually don't have most of those. I would love to have a Brock GU card (or AU) for my LOU PC. I just haven't been able to get my hands on one yet. Congrats on all the new cards. I just won a handful of Ozzie's today. Nothing great, but I didn't have them already.

Do you have any duplicate Ozzie's to trade? If so, check my ORG to see if you need any of my dups.