`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
what current players will be 1st ballot hofs?

RE: what current players will be 1st ballot hofs?
(10-13-2011, 08:31 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: Jeter is a definate lock, Thome for sure, Mariano of course, Pujols NO, not yet anyway. What has he done? I mean Ryan Howard has pretty much the same stats year in and year out and he gets NO play in the card world or even in baseball conversation. Ichiro will make due to the fact he has over 3000 hits in 2 different countries. JMO
howard has the same stats? might wanna take a look again. pujols has a .330 career avg. i would guess howards at like .280. howard strikes out a ton and is a much worse defender. pujols is first ballot right now. Derek Jeter is 1st ballot no question. chipper jones has a shot. pudge rodriguez also
Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Pudge, I like that one
You think Vladimir Guerrero makes it? What about Andruw Jones? Paul Konerko? Just guys I think may make it.
I doubt a pitcher that is current has locked it in yet, but Halladay would be the closest. I mean Tim Wakefield is the only current pitcher with more wins and he won't likely make it in the HOF.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(10-13-2011, 08:35 PM)gherkin1496 Wrote: howard has the same stats? might wanna take a look again. pujols has a .330 career avg. i would guess howards at like .280. howard strikes out a ton and is a much worse defender. pujols is first ballot right now. Derek Jeter is 1st ballot no question. chipper jones has a shot. pudge rodriguez also
Ok maybe Howard isnt statistically comprable but I think he doesnt get as much credit as he should, I am not a fan of his just my opinion.

howard hasnt had a great season since 08. i forgot vlad. he is top 5 hitters i have ever seen. jones and konerko are no's. miguel cabrera if healthy willl certainly make it. michael young outside shot.
Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

For the guys who think Jeter is not a HOFer yet. Do you realize there are only 3 guys with 3000+ hits who are not yet in the HOF. One is current (Jeter), one was part of the big steroid scandal (Palmiero), and the last is Biggio whom I don't believe is eligible until either 2012 or 2013.

not many people are 1st ballot HOFers but as far as guys that will get in, Johnny Damon - 277 hits from 3000 and I'm going with Javier Vazquez - he plays another 4 years and averages about 115 k's a year he joins the 3,000 strikeout club of which there are only 16 of
[Image: vt-2.gif]

Ryan Howard produces year in and year out EXCEPT when it really counts. Pressure situations tend to get the better of him.

I think Damon has an outside shot, not sure Vazquez does. He doesn't bring much with those K IMO. After looking closer I doubt Andruw makes it. I still think Paul Konerko has an outside shot, not first ballot though by any means.

Pujols, Jeter, Mariano, are no brainers. I think Vlad may make first ballot as well. Chipper will make it but not sure about the 1st time. Pudge will also make it, again not sure first time though. Thome may make first time, but makes it in eventually for darn sure.

(10-13-2011, 08:54 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: For the guys who think Jeter is not a HOFer yet. Do you realize there are only 3 guys with 3000+ hits who are not yet in the HOF. One is current (Jeter), one was part of the big steroid scandal (Palmiero), and the last is Biggio whom I don't believe is eligible until either 2012 or 2013.
*and Pete Rose

Thome will get in but not 1st ballot
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(10-13-2011, 09:01 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: I think Damon has an outside shot, not sure Vazquez does. He doesn't bring much with those K IMO. After looking closer I doubt Andruw makes it. I still think Paul Konerko has an outside shot, not first ballot though by any means.
you have to look at the one thing that sets them apart from non HOFers. the next person to 3000 k's is going to be CC whos a hair over 2k right now. after that, Roy Halladay might get there and every other pitcher is only halfway there. and if Damon gets to 3k, the only 2 people with a chance are Arod and Pujols. Ichiro is not gonna make it needing what 600 more hits at age 38? although Ichiro definitely gets into the HOF. these guys have a chance. thats why they let people like Dawson, Neikro and Sutton in (that and they lobbied like crazy)
[Image: vt-2.gif]