`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do...PWE style

What would you do...PWE style
I'm thinking about starting to sell some of my lower-end singles likes RCs, inserts, parallels, refractors, etc. Most of the sales would be between 50 cents - $5 (or should be based on BVs of the cards I'm selling).

To keep my shipping charges down and draw more interest, I thought about charging 50 cents or doing free shipping and shipping in a PWE (plain white envelope).

Do you guys think that would be wise/okay? If so, would it be best for me to use penny sleeve/top load or penny sleeve/pro saver to put the card in? I would be wrapping the card in a thin sheet of paper for added protection and then mail first-class, non-machinable (64 total cents).

If not, would you charge $2 and use bubble mailers for those types of low-end sales?

I've always used penny sleeve/top loader/bubble mailers and delivery confirmation #s no matter if the sale was for $2 or $200.

RE: Is it alright to ship singles in PWEs
Honestly...on some of my lower end trades....I get the larger white envelopes to allow for a bit more room for packaging.....I use a penny sleeve then a top loader....put them in a team bag with a blank and a piece of bubble wrap....and send them non machinable....so far I have had no trouble whatsoever....but on those higher end deals its probably always best to use the bubble mailer.

I know I have purchsed some low end cards from the bay and they have came in nothing but a PWE a toploader and the paypal or ebay paper wrapped around them and they still got to me just fine.

RE: What would you do...PWE style
you can do like me and just tear up all the old bubble mailers sent your way and use the bubble plastic out of those. Go green and recycle baby!
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

Def use a toploader instead of one of those flimsy cardsavers unless you're surrounding them with cardboard. I'd also be sure to make note in your auction your shipping method and offer an upgrade to a bubble mailer at an additional cost. Best of luck!

yes good tip by krazyzie there looking out for you. If you post it in your description your using PWE then they should know well in advance and not give negative feedback.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

But it looks like if you're listing something with 50 cents shipping, they're not going to expect you to go to extra lengths such as padded/DC#/etc.

yea....I still have trouble understanding why people have such a problem with low end cards being shipped in a PWE...if you package it properly it is just as safe as a bubble mailer.

Like on ebay....I was buying some base cards I needed for my player collection....they were all free shipping and were selling for under .75.....and I seen the guy had a negative feedback for using a PWE....I mean seriously....Im not going to expect a seller to use an envelope that costs more than the card in it is worth.
Then pay almost 2.00 shipping on top of it.....

I'd say as long as the shipping method is clearly stated, you shouldn't have a problem and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they can't ding you on shipping if you offer "free" right?
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

(10-13-2011, 01:52 PM)soccerscrub Wrote: I'd say as long as the shipping method is clearly stated, you shouldn't have a problem and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they can't ding you on shipping if you offer "free" right?
that is right....free shipping gives you 5 stars automatically