`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Leaf good about replacing damaged cards?

RE: Is Leaf good about replacing damaged cards?
Received package in the mail today. They returned my card with a letter saying it did not fall into their standards of "damaged." For my "inconvenience" they included a Muhammad Ali printing plate.

I guess that's that.

EDIT:

Scanned it at 600 DPI in the holder:Photobucket

The letter with contact information removed in paint:

Photobucket
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

so, they gave you a 1/1 ali printing plate?

at least they gave you something. did you see topps inception this year? terrible terrible terrible damage....exquisite year in and year out? terrible.

i think you ended up on a positive note. they could have returned your card with nothing.

[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(10-11-2011, 08:11 PM)ugameck Wrote: so, they gave you a 1/1 ali printing plate?

at least they gave you something. did you see topps inception this year? terrible terrible terrible damage....exquisite year in and year out? terrible.

i think you ended up on a positive note. they could have returned your card with nothing.
Ditto. At least you got the card back with a bonus (and a 1/1 at that)! I can't believe they called that 'acceptable damage' though. Any damage should not be 'acceptable'!

I guess the ali is 1/1. It doesn't say 1/1. On the back where the # would be is just a note saying what it is along with some dirt.

God I probably sound like a total ***** bag. Serious apologies if I am coming off as such. I never dreamed of returning a card until I started frequenting card sites and read where people did it. Considering I have been lurking on Beckett since 2004 I'd say 7 years of buying cards w/o issue is pretty remarkable considering the threads I've read.

I guess my main point of annoyance is me and the lady are sharing a checkbook now and she's mildly supportive of my hobby and understands some boxes cost a bit of money. But when I said I wanted to buy 2 boxes of cards that only had 4 per box, at the market price of leaf ultimate draft, I had to turn on the persuasive puppy eyes. And then she pulled the Ingram and knew I'd be excited and then we saw the edges. Whatever.

I'll take my lumps.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

i don't think you sound like a d'bag at all. i didn't mean for my comments to come across that way.

hey, these companies are getting terrible with quality control - that was my point with the topps inception comment- thats like 7 cards for about a $100 pack upon release. cards were scuffed and chipped like crazy - if you got a bgs 9 worthy card out of your box it would demand a premium.

i'm just saying kudos to leaf for even getting you something as a 'my bad our quality control was lacking'. heck, the ali is probably worth more than the other autos in your box.

and - i know how it is when sharing a checkbook. its pretty standard now - i get a box during the nfl draft, then my standard absolute box. (then i'm done for the year on hobby boxes)...however, this year i unfortunately waited after the draft and got a box of inception.....and....that....is....why.....i.....hate.....inception.

ohhh....and your ingram looks like a dog got to it. i do think leaf should have replaced it.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

I agree w/ the 1st two and last 2 sentences by UGA.

It is a shame that Leaf felt the damage was acceptable, but that has nothing to do with you. This is yet another reason why I have stopped buying any recent releases in NFL or MLB. I did get a box of 2010 Topps Platinum NFL, but that is the only hobby box I've gotten that was released since 2009 (other than NASCAR cards). Quality out of the box is just getting terrible (or really is terrible), no matter what brand or sport you get, unless it is NASCAR. Press Pass seems to be the only card company that cares what the buyers think anymore. I don't care for their football products, but their NASCAR sets keep getting better and better BECAUSE they listen to the collectors and have no problem replacing a damaged card (or cards).

I also agree w/ ugameck that the Ali plate they sent is probably worth more than most of your goodies from the box you bought.