`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martin St. Louis All-World Auto SSP?

Martin St. Louis All-World Auto SSP?
I've still got a few things trickling in from the flurry of deals I worked on in the past couple months, though I'm not trading actively anymore.

One of the coolest St. Louis autographs I've ever seen came in the mail today:

[Image: StLouisAll-WorldAPauto.jpg]

Maybe it's the unabashed product placement on European hockey uniforms but I've never seen anything like it. While very few sticker autos get me excited, there's something about this card that blows me away. And this is before hearing rumors that it's super shortprinted /10.

04-05's well before my time so I'm hoping someone can provide some context or history around this autograph set.

LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

RE: Martin St. Louis SSP
amazing auto congrats!!!

where did you find that gem?
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

First AWESOME pickup!!! Just an amazing card. That set was produced in 04-05 of NHLers that played the lockout season over in Europe as well as a few European stars in the set. Great find!!!
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

(10-11-2011, 05:07 PM)bonnev659 Wrote: amazing auto congrats!!!

where did you find that gem?
Thanks a lot! I saw it available for trade on another site and figured I should take my very best shot before it flew away.

(10-11-2011, 05:14 PM)pens1fan Wrote: First AWESOME pickup!!! Just an amazing card. That set was produced in 04-05 of NHLers that played the lockout season over in Europe as well as a few European stars in the set. Great find!!!
Thank you thank you...I guess that's what the All-World inserts in Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 are patterned on? I've seen some of the base cards from the 04-05 set and they all look really cool, but perhaps it's just the novelty of a non-NHL uni.

Do you remember hearing anything about the autos?

RE: Martin St. Louis All-World Auto SSP?
Absolutely amazing pick up. Congrats on that find.
Collect Ray Bourque, Ryan Miller, Patrice Bergeron, Dougie Hamilton

I know the regular autos were 1 in 24 packs and then the higher number cards, I think #90 and above, in the set were all SPd to 10. That's about all I can remember. I have quite a bit of the base set. May eventually get around to completing it. Love the look of those Euro uni. Almost like soccer uniforms on hockey players Smile
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

The only step-up from that product for your St. Louis collection would be:

2004-05 UD All-World Six Autographs
Thornton/Nash/St.Louis/Heatley/Briere/Tanguay. Oh yes, it is also #d out of five.

It was a fun product but too base-cardy. Also, I've hit multiple redemptions from that and it really isn't fun when you hit a really expired redemption.

If ur trading I would love to add this to my st lousi pc if intrested sick card VERY RARE
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(10-11-2011, 05:35 PM)iluvladies5015 Wrote: Absolutely amazing pick up. Congrats on that find.
(10-11-2011, 08:17 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: If ur trading I would love to add this to my st lousi pc if intrested sick card VERY RARE
Appreciate ya'll dropping by with the nice comments...it's going to stay in my PC for a long time.

(10-11-2011, 06:02 PM)pens1fan Wrote: I know the regular autos were 1 in 24 packs and then the higher number cards, I think #90 and above, in the set were all SPd to 10. That's about all I can remember. I have quite a bit of the base set. May eventually get around to completing it. Love the look of those Euro uni. Almost like soccer uniforms on hockey players Smile
(10-11-2011, 07:26 PM)irbefan4life Wrote: The only step-up from that product for your St. Louis collection would be:

2004-05 UD All-World Six Autographs
Thornton/Nash/St.Louis/Heatley/Briere/Tanguay. Oh yes, it is also #d out of five.

It was a fun product but too base-cardy. Also, I've hit multiple redemptions from that and it really isn't fun when you hit a really expired redemption.
That's exactly the kind of inside knowledge I was hoping for fellas...fascinating insights and I wouldn't expect anything less from this community.

As for that 6-auto, it sounds crazy but after looking at the dual autos from the set on the Bay, I think I actually prefer the look of this one by a comfortable margin.

If you guys have some favorites from the set, even and maybe especially base, I'd love to see some examples.